97 Quotes to Inspire Success in Your Life and Business
Achieving your dreams is no small task. No matter how driven you are, sometimes life’s challenges beat you up and leave you feeling like giving up.
The key to keep going is to find some motivation, and here is where inspirational quotes come in.
They change the way you feel about yourself, give you the strength to keep pushing on and allow you to remain focused on your goals.
To provide you with that dose of motivation, we have collected for you a list of 97 interesting quotes that will inspire you to achieve success in life and business.
Here are the 97 QUOTES TO INSPIRE SUCCESS IN YOUR LIFE AND BUSINESS:
1. “Unless you dream, you are not going to achieve anything.” – Richard Branson
The billionaire founder of the Virgin Group reminds us that everything starts with a dream. Without a vision of where you want to be in life, you will never get there.
2. “Business opportunities are like buses, there’s always another one coming.” – Richard Branson
This quotes tells us that we should be constantly looking for opportunities in life. If you miss an opportunity, that is not the end. Another one will come. Just prepare yourself so you do not miss the next one.
3. “Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.” – Bill Gates
Sometimes, people become overly confident after achieving success. It makes them think that they cannot lose, which often leads to recklessness. Bill Gates reminds us that we should not let success get to our heads.
4. “As an entrepreneur, you can always find a solution if you try hard enough.” – Lori Greiner
The American entrepreneur, investor and TV personality encourages us to not give up in the face of adversity. If you dedicate enough effort, there’s a solution to everything.
5. “Don’t just give yourself boundaries!” – Idris Elba
There are no limits to the things we can achieve in life, so why create limits for yourself? The English actor and musician encourages us to think big and reach out for our wildest dreams.
6. “If you get up in the morning and think the future is going to be better, it is a bright day. Otherwise, it’s not.” – Elon Musk
Your attitude determines how your life will turn out. With this quote, the billionaire engineer and investor reminds us the importance of a positive outlook on life.
7. “Stay hungry. Stay foolish.” – Steve Jobs
With this gem of wisdom, the Apple cofounder reminds us to always be hungry for success, and to always seek knowledge. Don’t ever think you are too accomplished or too knowledgeable.
8. “When you give up it means you never wanted it.” – Kendrick Lamar
In this little nugget of wisdom, the American rapper and producer encourages us to be persistent. If you really want something, you should be ready to do whatever it takes to get it. Giving up should not be an option.
9. “It’s a fine line, but if you don’t jump out to do something you’ll never get there.” – Lori Greiner
Those who achieve great things in life are those who step out and actually get started. You will never reach your destination if you do not take the first step. Be a person of action.
10. “Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.” – John Wooden
In life, things seldom go according to plan. However, this does not mean that we should quit if things don’t work out. If you want to achieve your dreams, you should be ready to adapt and improvise if things don’t go as planned, but never lose sight of the goal.
11. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day-in and day-out.” – Robert Collier
Success is not a destination. It is a journey. No one becomes successful overnight. If you want to become successful, you should be willing to put in the work every single day.
12. “You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over.” – Richard Branson
You cannot learn how to do something by sitting and reading about it. The only way to learn is to act, make mistakes and learn from them.
13. “If you are not willing to risk the unusual you will have to settle for the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
The American entrepreneur and motivational speaker reminds us that you cannot achieve an extraordinary life by doing ordinary things. If you want to achieve greatness, you have to be willing to sacrifice and get outside your comfort zone.
14. “The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.” – Bruce Lee
You cannot become great by doing a little of everything. If you want to achieve greatness, decide what you want to do, dedicate all your efforts to it and aspire to be the best at it. If you do this, success will definitely find you.
15. “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
Life is not straightforward. You will face many challenges and obstacles as you pursue your dream. You will fail several times. Those who achieve success are those that keep chasing their dream despite all the challenges and failure that comes their way.
16. ”Don’t wish it were easier, wish you were better.” – Jim Rohn
Nothing will be handed to you on a silver platter. Nothing will come to you unless you work for it. If you want to overcome the obstacles that are preventing you from living your best life, you will have to improve yourself.
17. “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.” – John D. Rockefeller
Sometimes, we end up leading mediocre lives because we settle for good enough and become complacent. If you want to be great, don’t settle. See if there’s an opportunity for you to improve if you are willing to take the risk.
18. “There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.” – Aristotle
You cannot please everyone in life. No matter what you do, people will have an opinion. Don’t let the opinions of others keep you from living your best life. Do what you have to do to achieve your dreams without caring what others think.
19. “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.” – Thomas Jefferson
People often look at successful people and assume they are lucky. However, success is not about luck. It is about effort. The harder you work, the more successful you will be. Work hard, achieve your dreams and let others assume you are lucky.
20. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
Don’t let the opinions of others influence your life. Stop chasing other people’s definition of success, because at the end, you only have one life. Instead, listen to your inner voice and do what pleases your heart.
21. “All progress takes place outside the comfort zone.” – Michael John Bobak
You won’t achieve greatness by playing it safe. If you want success, you should be willing to take risks and face your fears.
22. “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” – Jim Ryun
You might read these quotes and feel inspired to start taking action to better your life. However, what matters is not getting started, but following through. Motivation will give you the initial push to get started, but unless you make a habit out of whatever action you decided to take, you won’t see any results.
23. “If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.” – Steve Jobs
There’s no such thing as an online success. People only see the glory of winning, not the effort and amount of time spent behind the scenes as one strives to become the best. If you want success, you must be willing to put in the hard work.
24. “You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.” –Christopher Columbus
Stop playing it safe. To achieve success, you must be willing to take risks and step out of your comfort zone.
25. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky
Assume people playing a game of hockey. The team that takes shots at the goal has a higher chance of winning that the team that takes zero shots. Gretzky reminds us the importance of taking action. Whenever an opportunity comes your way, grab it.
26. “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.” – Henry Ford
The first step to winning is to believe in yourself. Here, Henry Ford reminds us the importance of having the right mindset. If you set out expecting to win, you will do all it takes to win. If you set out expecting failure, you will most likely fail.
27. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” – George Addair
Fear holds many of us back and keeps us from living up to our potential. The fear of failing. The fear of other people’s opinions. The fear of putting in a lot of effort for nothing. However, if you want to achieve greatness and live your best life, you must be willing to face and overcome your fears.
28. “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Everything in life boils down to the decision you make. Your decisions will decide where you get in life. The decisions you make today will have a lasting impact on your life. The point here is that we have control over the outcome of our lives through the decisions we make.
29. “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” – Albert Einstein
There cannot be success without failure, so do not be afraid of making mistakes. Stop striving for perfection. Go ahead and start working on your dreams. Make mistakes, learn from them and grow.
30. “If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten”. – Tony Robbins
You cannot change your life by doing the same things you have been doing. If you want to achieve something you have never achieved before, you will need to do something you have never done before.
31. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
You can only achieve greatness if you are willing to face and overcome your challenges. Whenever you face any obstacles as you pursue your dreams, instead of giving up, face them head on. Overcoming your challenges will give you the strength and resilience you need to achieve your dreams.
32. “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
You cannot achieve anything if you approach it with doubts. The only way to realize the tomorrow you envision is to let go of your doubts and believe in yourself.
33. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Edison
Thomas Edison is an American inventor who is well known for his persistence. In this quote, he reminds us that we should never give up on our dreams. If he had given up after trying to invent the light bulb for the 1000th time, we wouldn’t have the light bulb today. However, he gave it one more try and went down the books of history as the inventor of the light bulb.
34. “If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn
Stop giving excuses. If you really desire something, you should do whatever it takes until you achieve it.
35. “I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure. It is trying to please everybody.” – Herbert Bayard Swope
It is impossible to please everybody. You have no control over what others think about you, and if you are always worried about people opinions, you won’t do anything for yourself. Learn how to not care about people’s opinions and you are on your way to success.
36. “If you can dream it, you can achieve it.” – Walt Disney
This is a very powerful quote. Walt Disney reminds us that everything in this world is achievable. Therefore, don’t get intimidated by your dreams. There’s nothing like dreaming too big. The fact that you can dream it means you can achieve it if you put your mind to it.
37. “It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
You should never give up on your dreams regardless of whatever obstacles you find along the way. Keep pushing forward, keep improving yourself, and continue trying to find ways of surmounting the challenge. It doesn’t matter how slow you progress, the important thing is to always keep pushing forward.
38. “I failed my way to success.” – Thomas Edison
The road to success is paved with failure. Instead of treating failure as a reason to quit, you should use failure as a lesson that makes you better equipped to achieve your goals.
39. “Don’t be distracted by criticism. Remember, the only taste of success some people get is to take a bite out of you.” – Zig Ziglar
Once you start doing big things, people will talk about you. People will criticize you. People will discourage you. Don’t let them distract you. Develop a thick skin and continue doing your stuff.
40. “Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.” – Warren Buffett
The American business magnate stresses the importance of getting started at this moment. Don’t procrastinate. Start working on your dreams today. His life is a good example of this principle; he started investing at the tender age of 11.
41. “The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.” – Dolly Parton
People only look at the glamorous side of greatness, without considering the hard work and sacrifices that great people put in order to achieve their success. If you want to achieve success, you should be willing to put in the work.
42. “It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” – Charles Darwin
The world is a dynamic place. Everything is constantly changing. Companies like Nokia and Kodak, which were once leaders in their respective industries are nowhere near their former glory today, all because they did not anticipate and respond to change. If you want to survive, especially in business, you should be ready to respond to change.
43. “The difference between winning and losing is most often not quitting.” – Walt Disney
This one speaks for itself. You will never win by quitting. If you want to win, you have to keep going regardless of what you come against.
44. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Life is short, and you don’t know when you will expire. Therefore, you should make the most of the moment you have today. Live the life of your dreams today, because you are not assured of tomorrow. However, you should never stop improving your knowledge. You never know when it will come in handy.
45. “You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.” – Michael Jordan
The first step to doing great things is to view yourself as someone who is capable of achieving great things. This quote from the greatest basketball player ever is a reminder about the importance of self-confidence and belief in oneself.
46. “Keep your face to the sunshine and you can never see the shadow.” – Helen Keller
Here, Helen Keller encourages us to maintain a positive outlook on life. When you re full of optimism and positivity, it is impossible for your mind to be consumed with pessimism and negativity.
47. “Though no one can go back and make a brand-new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand-new ending.” – Carl Bard
Do not let your past define you or hold you back. Your past does not shape your future. Regardless of whatever might have happened in your past, you can start taking action and achieve the kind of future you want for yourself.
48. “Failure is another steppingstone to greatness.” – Oprah Winfrey
With this quote, American media proprietor and talk show host Oprah Winfrey reminds us that no success can be achieved without failure. The point here is that you should get used to failure and learn to overcome it.
49. “You can’t please everyone, and you can’t make everyone like you.” — Katie Couric
Since it is impossible to please everyone and have them like you, why waste your time trying. Focus on doing what feels right to you and forget about the opinions of others.
50. There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeed.” – Ray Goforth
As you pursue your dreams, there will be people who will try to discourage you. Don’t pay any attention to them.
51. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” – Arthur Ashe
There is never a perfect moment or the perfect conditions. If you want success, stop waiting for everything to fall into place. Start at this moment, with whatever you have.
52. “If you want to achieve excellence, you can get there today. As of this second, quit doing less-than-excellent work.” – Thomas J. Watson
You cannot achieve excellence tomorrow is you spend today doing things that do not take you closer to excellence. If you desire success, you should start working for it today.
53. “Opportunities come infrequently. When it rains gold, put out the bucket, not the thimble.” – Warren Buffet
This quote emphasizes the importance of seizing opportunities when they present themselves and giving them your best shot.
54. “You have to do what you dream of doing even while you’re afraid.” – Arianna Huffington
Everyone experiences fear, but those who achieve greatness are the ones who take action despite their fear. Trounce your fears and go after your dreams.
55. “Success does not consist in never making mistakes but in never making the same one a second time.” – George Bernard Shaw
When pursuing success, it is inevitable that you will make mistakes along the way. However, if you want to be the best, you should take mistakes as learning experiences. Learn from your mistakes and never repeat them.
56. You may only succeed if you desire succeeding; you may only fail if you do not mind failing.” – Philippos
To succeed, you need to have a burning desire to succeed. Similarly, if failing is not an option, you will do whatever it takes to succeed.
57. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Oliver Goldsmith
The key to succeeding is falling seven times and standing up eight times. Falling will not keep you from achieving your dreams provided you rise every time you fall and keep chasing your dreams.
58. “Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.” – Napoleon Hill
It doesn’t matter what your goals is, if you put in the work, remain persistent despite any challenges you come across and if you are willing to give it time, you will definitely achieve your dreams.
59. “If you always do what interests you, at least one person is pleased.” – Katharine Hepburn
It is impossible to please everyone, since each person is pleased by something different, and trying to please everyone will leave you exhausted. However if you do something that your heart desires, you will be sure that the most important person is pleased – you.
60. “Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you’re climbing it.” – Andy Rooney
People envy those who have made it in life, but many are not willing to do what it takes to achieve the success. If you want greatness, you should be ready to put in the hard work; this will make your success sweeter once you achieve it.
61. “Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wilde
Stop trying to live your life according to the influences and opinions of others. There can only be one you.
62. “The biggest risk is not taking any risk… In a world that’s changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.” – Mark Zuckerberg
To achieve anything worthwhile, you must be willing to take risks. If you choose to not take any risks, then you are risking not achieving anything. Would you rather risk achieving success or failing?
63. “If you are born poor it’s not your mistake, but if you die poor it’s your mistake.” – Bill Gates
While you do not have a choice over the circumstances under which you are born, you have a choice over what you make of your life.
64. “Success is a state of mind. If you want success, start thinking of yourself as a success.” – Joyce Brothers
It is impossible to achieve success by thinking of yourself as a failure. The mind is very powerful, and what you believe has a way of manifesting in your life. Therefore, if you want to achieve success, you should start thinking of yourself as a successful person.
65. “Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourselves.” —Chanakya
In as much as mistakes should be treated as a learning experience, it doesn’t mean that you should make them all. A wise person learns from the mistakes of others.
66. “Success is a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don’t quit when you’re tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.” – Robert Strauss
This quote by Robert Strauss is about the importance of perseverance. Just as you would not stop wrestling a gorilla until you defeated it completely, you should not stop working towards you goals until you achieve them.
67. “If you think you’re too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.” – Dalai Lama
A human being is thousands of times bigger than a mosquito, yet a mosquito can derive you of sleep the whole night, just by doing what it is capable of. Similarly, never think you are not enough to bring about change. Just doing what you can is enough to change the world.
68. “Without self-discipline, success is impossible, period.” – Lou Holtz
A common trait that most successful people share is self-discipline. The self-discipline to work even when you don’t feel like it. The self-discipline to work on something that does not have immediate results. The self-discipline to give it your best. If you want to achieve success, learn to be self-disciplined.
69. “Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.” – John F. Kennedy
You can only achieve great wins by taking great risks. The greater the risk, the greater the chance of failure. Therefore, if you want to achieve great things, you should also be ready to fail miserably.
70. “Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.” – Les Brown
No one will come and offer to change your life for the better. If you want to change your life, it is up to you to get up and change it yourself. You are to blame if you are not living the life you want.
71. “Don’t get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.” – Dolly Parton
Sometimes, we focus on our careers and making money that we neglect other areas of our lives, such as family, friends, health and spirituality. With this quote, Dolly Parton reminds us that there is more to life than money.
72. “A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work.”-Colin Powell
Don’t expect your dream life to fall on your laps. You have to be determined to get it and you must put lots of hard work and sweat to achieve it.
73. “If you want to be happy, be.” – Leo Tolstoy
Happiness is not dependent on wealth, health, social status, friends or anything else. You have everything you need to be happy. Therefore, if you want to be happy, be.
74. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
The outcome of your life is not determined by your past nor by the challenges that you are facing. It is determined by the determination that lies within you. With determination and the desire to win, nothing is impossible.
75. “Nobody ever wrote down a plan to be broke, fat, lazy, or stupid. Those things are what happen when you don’t have a plan.” – Larry Winget
Failing to plan is planning to fail. The key to greatness is to know what you want and to have a plan on how you will achieve it. Without a plan, you give the worst that could happen to you a chance to happen.
76. “If I had nine hours to chop down a tree, I’d spend the first six sharpening my axe.” – Abraham Lincoln
With this quote, Abraham Lincoln teaches us the importance of preparation before undertaking any endeavor. The more prepared you are, the easier your endeavor will become and you will be able to perform it more effectively.
77. “Don’t compare yourself with anyone in this world…if you do so, you are insulting yourself.” – Bill Gates
With this quote, Bill Gates reminds us the importance of being ourselves, living our own lives and following our own dreams. Stop trying to imitate others and live your own life.
78. “The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first find yourself.” – Mark Caine
You should not let yourself be overwhelmed by the circumstances in which you find yourself. Instead, you should break free of these limitations and set your focus upon your goal.
79. “When you can’t change the direction of the wind, just adjust your sails.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
Very often, things do not go according to plan. However, this does not mean that you need to change your goal. Instead, you should adjust your plan depending on the prevailing conditions, while maintaining sight of your goal.
80. “Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential.” – John Maxwell
The greatest people in the world are not the most skilled or the most talented. Instead, they are the people with the greatest desire to win. If you have a strong desire to win, nothing can stop you.
81. “If you set your goals ridiculously high and it’s a failure, you will fail above everyone else’s success.” – James Cameron
With this quote, Cameron reminds us the importance of thinking big. If your goal is big enough, even if you don’t achieve it, you will still be above average.
82. “The essential question is not, “How busy are you?” but “What are you busy at?” – Oprah Winfrey
With this quote, Oprah Winfrey reminds us that what matters is not working hard, but working hard on things that matter. Don’t get caught up in the cycle of being busy while the things keeping you busy don’t take you closer to your dreams.
83. “The No. 1 reason people fail in life is because they listen to their friends, family, and neighbors.” – Napoleon Hill
If you want to succeed in life, don’t take advice from people who are not relevant. Sure, your family and friends matter, but if they have never done what you are trying to do, their advice may not be worthwhile.
84. “You might well remember that nothing can bring you success but yourself.” – Napoleon Hill
Success is not dependent on others. Your parents, friends and relatives cannot make you successful. If you want to achieve greatness, you have to be ready to do it on your own.
85. “I believe success is preparation, because opportunity is going to knock on your door sooner or later but are you prepared to answer that?” – Omar Epps
Opportunity knocks once on every man’s door. Opportunities won’t wait for you to get yourself ready. The successful ones are those who are ready when opportunities present themselves.
86. Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. —Thomas Edison
Once again, Thomas Edison emphasizes the need of working hard. You won’t get anywhere by sitting and whining. If you want to achieve excellence, get up and do what it takes.
87. “The power of imagination makes us infinite.” —John Muir
Nothing in this world is impossible. The only limit to what you can achieve in life is your imagination. If you can imagine it, you can achieve it.
88. “I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.” —Stephen Covey
Different people come out different even after being faced with the same circumstances. What matters is not the circumstances, but how you choose to react to them. Will you let your circumstances hold you back, or will you use them as motivation?
89. “The best way to predict your future is to create it.” – Peter F. Drucker
While it is impossible to predict the future with certainty, the best way to predict it is to dream up what you want the future to look like, and then start working on turning this dream into reality.
90. “I think that’s the single best piece of advice: constantly think about how you could be doing things better and questioning yourself.” – Elon Musk
Never become comfortable with what you have achieved. The only way to remain great is to keep improving yourself and finding new opportunities.
91. “It’s not an experiment if you know it’s going to work.” – Jeff Bezos
Greatness is achieved by trying new things that others have not done before. However, if you are going to try something new, there will always be the possibility of failure.
92. Honesty is a very expensive gift. Don’t expect it from cheap people.” – Warren Buffet
With this quote, Warren Buffet reminds us to be careful who we trust. Always take things said by people, especially advice, with a grain of salt.
93. “No matter how great the talent or efforts, some things just take time. You can’t produce a baby in one month by getting 9 women pregnant.” – Warren Buffet
Patience is a great virtue. To achieve success, you should sometimes be ready to forego instant gratification and remain patient as you wait for your efforts to bear fruit.
94. “Remember, there’s no such thing as an unrealistic goal–just unrealistic time frames.” – Donald Trump
No dream is too big to be achieved. However, big dreams might take time before you achieve them. Don’t give up because you don’t see the results yet.
95. “Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Don’t get caught up in the past when it is already gone. Instead, focus on making the best of today.
96. “People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” – Rob Siltanen
This quote reminds us that we should have no limit to our imagination, and that we should never doubt our wildest dreams, because we can actually achieve them.
97. “We generate fears while we sit. We overcome them by action.” – Dr. Henry Link
Before taking action, our imaginations tend to conjure scenarios of things going wrong. However, once you start taking action, only then do you realize that most of the things you were afraid of are not real.
In San Jose (CA), we meet Co-Founder, President & CEO of eSilicon, Jack Harding. Jack talks about …
In business, especially in the modern markets, the usage and application of the term takeover is …