Careers at CipherCloud
CipherCloud seeks to ensure the security and privacy of various commercial cloud-based systems through its flagship cloud security platform and various ancillary services.
CipherCloud was founded in 2010 by Pravin Kothari (“Kothari”). The Company launched officially in 2011, initially working exclusively on providing security to Salesforce cloud environments, adding integration for Amazon Web Services systems later that same year.
CipherCloud began attracting investor funding in 2011, when it received venture funding from Andreessen Horowitz. The Company completed its Series A round of funding a year later, and to date has raised a total of $80 million from six investors in four rounds. These investors include prominent names such as Index Ventures, Deutsche Telekom Strategic Investments, and Transamerica Ventures.
CipherCloud has utilises its funds in the development of new security solutions, with the Company now offering a full portfolio of security offerings with integration for multiple cloud platforms including Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, and One Drive. The Company has also expanded its operations internationally, now operating regional offices in Australia, India, Japan, and the UK.
CipherCloud’s current valuation is unclear. Reports, however, suggest that at the time of its Series A round in 2012, the Company was valued at approximately $170 million.
Business model of CipherCloud
CipherCloud offers cloud security services to clients operating in a number of commercial sectors. This includes customers across the following industries:
- Banking and Financial Services, including a range of banking institutions, investment managers, insurance companies, credit institutions, and other financial service providers;
- Communications, including telecommunications companies, internet service providers, cable network operators, and mobile network operators;
- Technology, including high technology companies, software companies, IT service providers, and other technology businesses;
- Healthcare and Pharmaceutical, including healthcare providers, pharmaceutical companies, life science companies, and medical technology companies;
- Manufacturing, including manufacturers of various consumer goods, industrial parts, and other products and components; and
- Government, including municipal, state, and federal government bodies, as well as various public agencies.
CipherCloud is based in the US, which is also its principal market. The Company also serves an international client base that includes customers across markets in the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
CipherCloud provides value to its clients in the following ways:
- Its industry standing and reputation, with the Company established as a popular provider of cloud security solutions, maintaining an extensive client base that includes market leading companies across a number of business sectors;
- Its proprietary technologies, with the Company developing and utilising proprietary technologies in the creation of delivery of its security solutions, making its service offerings unique within the industry;
- The security and reliability of its solutions, with the Company offer solutions that ensure the privacy and security of its clients’s information, protecting data across its entire lifecycle spanning discovery, encryption, data loss protection, and ongoing monitoring;
- Its international sales and service reach, with the Company serving an extensive domestic client base in the US, in addition to a large international client base spanning markets in the Americas, Asia Pacific, and Europe; and
- Its specialist personnel, with the Company employing specialist cloud security personnel, as well as a team of experienced technology industry executives.
CipherCloud operates a website at www.ciphercloud.com, through which it offers information on its various solutions, services, and operating locations. While the Company does not appear to operate an online sales channel, it does allow customers to arrange free trials through its website. The Company additionally offers mobile applications that can be downloaded directly from the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.
CipherCloud makes the bulk of its sales through an in-house direct sales force, which is organised across the Company’s various operating regions. These sales personnel operate out of the Company’s international network of offices, including the Company’s regional headquarters in Maidenhead, UK; Sydney, Australia; Hyderabad, India, and Tokyo, Japan. CipherCloud additionally utilises the services of various channel and distribution partners. This includes resellers, distributors, and independent sales agents.
CipherCloud does not offer its products and services to customers on a self-service basis. The Company does, however, enable customers to register an interest in its products directly through its website without interacting directly with sales and service personnel. The Company’s mobile applications are also available for download on a self-service basis.
CipherCloud operates a direct sales force across the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific. The Company’s direct sales personnel consult closely with client representatives to ensure that solutions are scaled and tailored appropriately to the individual needs of each client, and that their specific needs are met. CipherCloud seeks to establish longstanding relationships with its clients, with its security solutions designed to integrate closely with the systems of its customers.
CipherCloud continues to offer ongoing support services to its clients. Customers are able to contact dedicated support personnel online or over the phone in order to receive personalised assistance. The Company’s largest clients are also afforded their own account management teams that they are able to contact directly. Additionally, CipherCloud provides an extensive range of online resources- including webinars, FAQs, papers, blog posts, and videos – that can be accessed by clients directly through the Company’s website.
CipherCloud interacts directly with customers, and publishes company updates, through its social media accounts, including with Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
CipherCloud is a cloud security provider. It is engaged primarily in the development and provision of a multi-cloud security platform that integrates data protection, content control, monitoring, cloud discovery, and risk analysis tools.
The Company offers a range of related solutions that relate to the areas of activity monitoring, data loss prevention, encryption, tokenisation, key management, malware and threat detection, and data monitoring, as well as implementation services, enablement programs, training and certification, and customer support.
CipherCloud serves commercial customers across a range of industries, including the financial services, healthcare, technology, manufacturing, telecommunication, and government sectors. The Company serves an international client base, including customers across North America, Europe, South America, and Asia.
CipherCloud works closely with a network of partner companies and organisations to ensure that it develops reliable solutions and effective implementation channels. These partners can be organised broadly into the following categories:
- Supplier and Vendor Partners, including suppliers of services, equipment, and technologies that are utilised by the Company in the development and implementation of its cloud security solutions;
- Cloud Partners, including a range of cloud software-as-a-service and platform-as-a-service providers, including a number of high-profile online companies, with which the Company integrates cloud security features and develops effective cloud solutions;
- Channel and Distribution Partners, including the Company’s network of resellers, distributors, and sales agents that assist in extending the Company’s sales and marketing reach;
- Technology and Development Partners, including high-profile technology companies, IT service providers, and software developers, with which the Company collaborates on developing effective joint solutions; and
- Strategic and Alliance Partners, including companies and consultants across multiple sectors, with which the Company collaborates on a range of joint projects, including in marketing, branding, and development.
CipherCloud names a number of its cloud partners on its website. This includes well-known technology companies such as Box, Dropbox, Salesforce, SAP, Adobe Analytics, Google Drive, One Drive, and SharePoint.
CipherCloud’s key resources are its proprietary technologies and intellectual properties, its cloud security platform and solutions, its IT and communications infrastructure, its sales and distribution channels, its network of partners – in particular its large cloud service partners, its, and its personnel.
CipherCloud utilises various proprietary technologies that it uses the ensure the security and privacy of its clients. Searches of records published by the US Patent and Trademark Office identified a number of separate patent applications filed in CipherCloud’s name under the title ‘System and method to anonymize data transmitted to a destination computing device’.
In addition, CipherCloud owns and or leases a number of physical properties around the world that comprise its network of sales and administrative offices.
CipherCloud incurs costs in relation to the development of its technologies and intellectual properties, the development and maintenance of its security solutions and online platform, the maintenance of its IT and communications infrastructure, the procurement of services, the management of its key partnerships, the implementation of marketing and advertising campaigns, and the retention of its personnel.
CipherCloud generates revenue through the development and provision of cloud security solutions. This principally comprises revenue derived in the form of subscriptions and sales in relation to its flagship cloud security platform. The Company also derives a portion of its revenue under contracts relating to its ancillary services.
CipherCloud remains a privately owned company, and as such is not obliged to publish its financial results online. Research did not identify any media coverage of the Company’s revenue figures. A corporate directory, however, suggests that the Company generates annual revenue of approximately $24.8 million.
604.000+ job opportunitiesStart here!