Careers at Conduent
Conduent Inc (“Conduent”) aims to deliver profitable growth and margin expansion to its clients through operational discipline, sales and delivery excellence and innovation, complemented by tightly aligned investments.
Conduent has its roots in the business services operations of technology company Xerox.
Xerox announced in June 2016 that it planned to spin off its Xerox Business Services unit into a wholly separate and independent entity that would continue the activities of former business services company Affiliated Computer Services, which Xerox had acquired in 2010.
On 6 October 2016, Xerox announced that the newly-established business services company would be known as Conduent, a name purportedly derived from the words conduit, confluence and constituent.
Conduent formally incorporated in January 2017. The company has established itself as a leading business process service provider.
It employs approximately 90,000 workers around the world, and offers solutions that serve small, medium, and large companies across a number of industries and business sectors.
Business model of Conduent
Conduent serves a broad range of clients. The company organises its solutions and services into two core segments: Commercial Industries and Public Sector.
The Commercial Industries segments includes its services and solutions provides to companies across a broad range of commercial industries, including the retail and consumer, banking and financial services, communications and media, and automotive and aerospace industries.
The company’s Public Sector segment includes services provided to the following sectors:
- Transportation, including public transit operators, toll collection organisations, parking operators, and photo enforcement operations;
- Payments, including various government payment disbursement offices and programs, such as child support, unemployment benefit, and federal social security;
- Government Healthcare, including Medicaid programs and government-funded healthcare programs in the US; and
- Federal, State, and Local Government, including key civilian agencies within federal, state and local governments, as well as government administrative offices.
Conduent serves a global client base and maintains an operational presence across 40 countries, spanning Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific, the Middle East, and Africa. The vast majority of the company’s revenue, however, is derived from its activities in the US.
Conduent provides value to its customers in the following ways:
- Industry Standing and Reputation – Conduent is an established and well-regarded provider of business processing services, as indicated by its ability to secure work from government agencies, particularly in growth markets, making the company attractive to prospective clients;
- Multi-Industry Solutions – Conduent offers a broad range of solutions that can be tailored to companies and organisations across a broad spectrum of public sector and commercial industries, enabling the company to serve a varied customer base;
- Commitment to Innovation – Conduent is committed to developing and acquiring new technologies that enable to provide unique and innovative solutions to its customers, notably committing significant resources to research and development operations that help it to differentiate itself from its competitors;
- Experience and Expertise – Conduent is able to attract highly-trained and experienced personnel across its operating divisions, and as a company has extensive technical and regulatory experience that enables it to operate efficiently across multiple sectors; and
- International Reach – Conduent operates a global delivery network that enables it to deliver proprietary technology, service offerings, and solutions to clients around the world, including via operating locations in India, the Philippines, Jamaica, Guatemala, Mexico, Romania, the Dominican Republic, and several locations within the US.
Conduent primarily markets its business process services to both potential and existing clients through a worldwide sales force and dedicated business development team.
These sales and development personnel operate out of the company’s offices spread across the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
The company’s sales efforts typically involve extended selling cycles, the company’s expertise in specific industries is critical to winning new business.
Conduent seeks to establish longstanding relationships with its clients through its industry expertise, high-quality solutions, and customer service.
The company notably employs a dedicated team of solutions architects who work directly and closely with clients over an extended period of time seeking to understand better their situation and develop a custom-tailored solution to meet their unique needs.
The company seeks to establish a stable and recurring business model through its close client relationships. The company’s renewal rate for the year ended 31 December 2017 was 87% across all contracts.
Conduent additionally operates a website at www.conduent.com, through which it provides information to exiting and prospective clients regarding its solutions, operating locations, and business model.
The company also includes contact details on its website for clients to reach customer support personnel, who are able to address queries, complaints, and questions. The company also publishes market insight reports that are published via a dedicated web page
Conduent additionally interacts with its customers and publishes company updates through its social media accounts with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, and Slideshare.
Conduent operates as a provider of business process services, including transaction-intensive processing, analytics and automation solutions.
The company organises its operations into three reportable business segments: Commercial Industries, through which the company provides customised solutions to clients across a range of commercial industries, including the retail, media and communications, and financial services sectors; Public Sector, through which the company provides government-centric business process services to US federal, state and local and foreign governments, as well as other public bodies and agencies; and Other, which includes the company’s Government Health Enterprise (HE) Medicaid Platform business.
Conduent serves customers around the world, maintaining an operational presence across 40 countries worldwide, and employs a workforce of approximately 90,000 members of staff.
Conduent maintains a network of partner organisations and companies around the world that support its development and delivery of business processing solutions. These partners include:
- Supplier and Vendor Partners, including companies that provide Conduent with equipment and materials used in the development and implementation of its core business processing services, as well as third-party of providers of other external services that support the company’s corporate activities more broadly;
- Banking and Financial Partners, including a range of banking institutions and financial service providers that collaborate with Conduent on its delivery of solutions in the payment services and financial services industry;
- Research and Development Partners, including various technology companies and business processing specialists that work closely with Conduent in the development of new, innovative, and unique solutions;
- Education Partners, including various higher education institutions and research organisations with which the company collaborates on the development of training and education programs; and
- Strategic and Alliance Partners, including a range of other commercial enterprises and organisations with which Conduent works on other projects, including marketing, business development, and joint venture projects.
Key to Conduent’s ability to differentiate itself from competitors is its portfolio of proprietary technologies and intellectual properties, through which the company is able to develop innovative and unique solutions.
The company owns approximately 1,024 patents and pending applications and 132 trademarks. It also relies on software provided by internal development and external sourcing.
Conduent’s key resources also include its international network of offices, its partnerships, its IT and communications infrastructure, and its personnel.
The company notably seeks to employ highly capable and experienced personnel across its divisions.
Conduent incurs costs in relation to the development of its proprietary technologies and intellectual properties, the operation of its sales and delivery networks, the maintenance and development of its IT and communications infrastructure, the management of its partnerships, the operations of its office network, and the payment of salaries and benefits to its personnel.
In 2017, Conduent’s selling, general, and administrative costs totalled USD 615 million for the year. The company’s research and development costs totalled USD 13 million.
Conduent generates revenue through the delivery of business process services to customers across the public and commercial sectors.
The company derives its revenue primarily under sales and service contracts that are agreed on a client-by-client basis.
In 2017, Conduent recorded revenue for the year totalling USD 6.02 billion, down from the USD 6.41 billion recorded by the company in 2016.
Conduent’s Commercial Industries segment accounted for the bulk of this revenue, alone recording annual revenue of USD 3.55 billion.
The company’s Public Sector segment generated USD 2.16 billion, while its Other segment recorded USD 311 million.
info: Marcus Collier (“Collier”) was appointed Group Chief Executive for Conduent Government Business at Conduent in August 2018. In this role, he has responsibility for the leading the company’s global portfolio of government service offerings, spanning the Federal, State, Local, and Government Healthcare sectors. Collier is also Chief Executive Officer at Pivotal Growth and Management Solutions LLC. Collier is an experienced executive. From 1994 to 1997 he served as Senior Director of Program Management and Core Competency at PRC, following which he served for eight years as President of the Systems Engineering Group at Anteon Corp. Prior to joining Conduent, Collier worked at General Dynamics Information Technology for 12 years, notably serving as the company’s Senior Vice President of Health and Civilian Solutions.
info: Srikanth Iyengar (“Iyengar”) was appointed Group Chief Executive for Europe at Conduent in May 2017. He and his team are responsible for leading development and execution of the company’s strategic directives for growth in Europe. Iyengar began his career in 1997 as a brand and branch manager at ITC Limited in India. He moved to the US in 2011 and joined Silverline Technologies, where he served for a year as a business development manager. Iyengar joined Infosys in 2002, where he went on to hold a series of roles in the UK and the US over a period of more than ten years. This included spells as European and Global Head of Business Development and Strategic Global Sourcing, and a spell as Vice President and Regional Head of Financial Services Europe. From 2014 to 2015, Iyengar served briefly as Head of Europe and Asia Pacific at IGATE, and prior to joining Conduent served as Global Sales Officer at Capgemini.
info: Christine Landry (“Landry”) has served as Conduent’s Group Chief Executive for Consumer and Industrials since April 2017. In this role, she is responsible for the company’s global accounts in the communications, media, entertainment, high tech, retail, travel and industrial sectors. Landry first joined Conduent in January 2017 as leader of the company’s Communications and Media Industries unit. Landry began her career in 1993 as an IT manager at J. Blenkarn Systems. In 1997, she joined LiveBridge where she held management roles of increasing responsibility, including spells as a client services manager, Director of the Media Division, and Director of Professional Services. Prior to joining Conduent, Landry was a long-serving employee of Xerox, where she held senior leadership roles such as Division Vice President, Regional Vice President, Managing Director, and Group President.
Jobs at Conduent
1.891.000+ job opportunitiesStart here!