Careers at Datamatics Global Services
Datamatics’ mission is to enhance business efficiency through smart solutions.
In 1987 Lalit and Asha Kanodia founded Interface Software Resources Private Limited. Their purpose for the venture was to provide computer and electronic data processing services. In 1992 the company’s name was changed to Datamatics Technologies Private Limited to reflect its revised mission of offering IT-enabled services, primarily in the area of electronic publishing.
In 1999 Datamatics became a public company, and its name was changed again to Datamatics Technologies Limited. Over the next decade it achieved expertise in business process outsourcing and began offering services such as back office processing, content management, and data ware housing/management/migration. In 2009 its name was changed to Datamatics Global Services.
Business model of Datamatics Global Services
Datamatics has a mass market business model, with no significant differentiation between customer groups. The company targets its offerings at firms of all industries and sizes.
Datamatics offers three primary value propositions: accessibility, risk reduction, and brand/status.
The company creates accessibility by providing a wide variety of options. Its services address several processes, including Enterprise Document Management, Enterprise Content Management, Collaboration and Portals, BIDW & Analytics, Application Development, Support & Testing, and Mobility. It has been able to diversify its capabilities partly due to its many acquisitions. In the last few years alone, it has acquired CIGNEX and a controlling stake in Vista Infosystems.
The company reduces risk by maintaining high quality and security standards. It is the first and only information technology firm to have won the “International Asia Pacific Award” for Quality in the
Services sector. It also engages in the following initiatives:
- Lean Six Sigma Initiative – Datamatics uses Six Sigma management techniques to achieve improvements in the areas of Productivity, Efficiency, Quality, and Customer Satisfaction. It has completed more than 320 Lean Six Sigma projects and 1600 Kaizen projects since 2007. It also has three Six Sigma Black Belt-certified professionals, one Six Sigma Master Black Belt-certified professional, 18 Six Sigma Green Belt-certified professional, and 25 Six Sigma White Belt-certified professionals.
- Certifications – Datamatics has had its processes assessed for compliance, and has received ISO 9001:2008, ISO 27001:2005, SEI -CMMI Version 1.3, SSAE 16, HIPAA, and ITIL certifications.
- Customer Satisfaction Tracking – Datamatics completes a survey of its customers every six months to determine its Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty Index. Its most recent index determined that its score was 4.73 on a scale of 1-6 (1 being the lowest and 6 being the highest), with a large number of customers rating the company a 6 out of 6 on all of the parameters.
The company has established a strong brand due to its success. It has several clients in the Fortune 500 and offices in Australia, India, Poland, UAE, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Lastly, it has won many honors, including the following:
- The “Excellence in Industry Application“ Award at the Big Data & Analytics & Insights Summit
- CIO CHOICE 2016 Awards in the BI & DMS categories
- The IMC-IT award in the category of “IT Products – Large“ for its i-Bridge product
- Ranking on the Technology Fast 500 by Deloitte
- The Global Achievers Award for Business Excellence at the International Achievers Conference
Datamatics’ main channel is its business development team. The company promotes its offerings through its website, social media pages, and participation in expos, summits, and conferences.
Datamatics’ customer relationship is primarily of a personal assistance nature. The company assists clients by working closely with them to implement their strategies. It maintains a Consulting & Advisory Practice whose purpose is to help customers establish their Digital Transformation and Technology and Business Process Management (BPM) strategies.
Despite this orientation, there is a self-service component. The company’s website features a “Resources” section that includes white papers, articles, brochures, webinars, and videos.
Datamatics’ business model entails designing, developing, and delivering its services to its customers.
Datamatics’ key partners are the suppliers that provide it with the materials, equipment, and services it needs to provide its services to customers.
Datamatics’ main resources are its human resources, who include the professionals who design, develop, and deliver its services, the business development staff members who promote and sell them, and the consultants who provide advisory assistance.
It maintains important physical resources in the form of its outsourcing delivery centers in the areas of Nashik and Puducherry.
Datamatics has a value-driven structure, aiming to provide a premium proposition through significant personal service and frequent service enhancements. Its biggest cost driver is likely cost of services, a variable expense. Other major drivers are cost of IT products and licenses and personnel costs.
Datamatics has one revenue stream: revenues it generates from the sale of its services to its customers. Sales typically occur through the formation of contracts.
Jobs at Datamatics Global Services
2.389.000+ job opportunitiesStart here!