Careers at Dave and Buster’s
Dave and Buster’s seeks to offer customers at its restaurants good tasting food and friendly service, providing an entertaining atmosphere for consumers of all ages.
Dave and Buster’s was founded in 1982 by David Corriveau and James ‘Buster’ Corley, after whom the Company and its chain of restaurants is named.
The pair had previously operated a bar in Little Rock, Arkansas under the named Buster’s, which operated next door to a games arcade. This combination of facilities is behind the inspiration for the Dave and Buster’s experience.
The first Dave and Buster’s restaurant was opened in Dallas in 1982.
In 1989, Edison Brothers Stores acquired a majority stake in the restaurant chain to fund further expansion across the US.
The Company, however, was spun off from Edison Brothers Stores when Dave and Buster’s went public in 1995. By 1997, the Dave and Buster’s operated a chain of ten restaurants across the US. The Company Buster’s expanded its chain via the acquisition of Jillian’s on 2004.
Shortly following this, the Company was privatised in by Wellspring Capital Management. Dave and Buster’s continued to expand and ultimately completed a second initial public offering in 2014, raising a reported USD 94 million.
Dave and Buster’s currently operates a network of 128 restaurant locations across 39 US states and Puerto Rico, as well as in a single Canadian province.
The Company has a current market capitalisation of approximately USD 1.79 billion.
Business model of Dave and Buster’s
Dave and Buster’s aims to provide food and beverage products and entertainment facilities to cater to the tastes of a broad customer base.
The Company’s core customers, however, fall into one or more of the following segments:
- Younger Consumers, comprising customers aged between 21 and 39, who comprise the Company’s core target demographic;
- Sports Fans, comprising customers who enjoy watching various sporting events – including fans of American football, basketball, and mixed martial arts – who attend Dave and Buster’s outlets for the atmosphere; and
- Parties and Groups, comprising small groups and parties across a range of demographics who visit the Company’s restaurant locations as part of organized events.
Dave and Buster’s in headquartered in the US, which is the Company’s principal operating market.
The Company serves customers across 39 US states and Puerto Rico, as well as in a single Canadian province.
Dave and Buster’s does not serve any customers outside of these North American markets.
Dave and Buster’s provides value to its customers in the following ways:
- Brand Recognition and Reputation – Dave and Buster’s is among the most well-known and popular casual dining chains in the US, with a positive reputation for offering an enjoyable experience to customers that dates back to the 1980s;
- Unique Customer Experience – Dave and Buster’s offers its customers a unique dining experience based on its ‘Eat Drink Play and Watch’ foundation, including good quality food and beverages, access to arcade games and entertainment, and facilities through which customers are able to watch sporting events; and
- Restaurant Atmosphere – Dave and Buster’s offers a contemporary casual dining experience to its customers, with clearly defined areas for each of the Company’s service offerings, namely food service, entertainment, and sports;
- Customer Service – Dave and Buster’s seeks to provide high quality, friendly customer service to customers via its in-store service staff, ensuring that customers have an enjoyable dining experience; and
- Size and Reach – Dave and Buster’s operates an extensive network of restaurant locations across North America, comprising 129 outlets across 39 US states, Puerto Rico, and a single Canadian province.
Dave and Buster’s primarily serves its customers via its network of dining and entertainment venues across North America.
This network comprises 129 locations across 39 US states and Puerto Rico and in a single Canadian province.
At these locations, the Company serves its customers directly via dedicated service and wait staff. Customers are also able to access a range of coin-operated arcade games and entertainment services on a self-service basis.
Dave and Buster’s does not appear to operate its own online ordering or delivery service.
The Company’s menu, however, can be access online by customers in certain locations via several third party online food delivery services, such as Postmates and Grubhub.
Through these channels customers can place orders and schedule deliveries on a self-service basis.
Dave and Buster’s seeks to secure recurring business from its customers by providing high quality products and an unique, enjoyable dining and entertainment experience.
The Company’s principal point of contact for its customers is its in-restaurant service and wait personnel, who are on hand to take orders, respond to queries and complaints, and offer advice on menu items.
Dave and Buster’s operates a website at www.daveandbusters.com, through which it communicates a range of information on a self-service basis, including a restaurant location service, the Company’s food and drinks menus, and information on the Company’s structure.
The Company also operates a membership and rewards program, which can be accessed online and through which customers are able to access discounts, special offers, and exclusive promotions.
Dave and Buster’s operates is additionally able to interact with its customers and communicate company updates through its various social media accounts, including with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Dave and Buster's is a US-based restaurant chain. The Company owns and operates a network of high-volume entertainment and dining venues for adults and families across North America.
The Company’s network currently comprises around 129 locations across 29 US states, Puerto Rico, and Canada. Dave and Buster’s seeks to offer its customers a unique experience based on its ‘Eat Drink Play and Watch’ model.
The Company’s Eat and Drink offerings comprise a menu of entrees and appetizers, and a selection of non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages, while its Play and Watch offerings include an assortment of entertainment attractions centred around playing arcade games, and watching live sports and other televised events.
Dave and Buster’s was founded in 1982 and is headquartered in Dallas, Texas.
Dave and Buster’s works with a wide range of partner companies across North America that support its core restaurant business.
These partners can be organised broadly into the following categories:
- Supplier and Vendor Partners, comprising suppliers of produce, food and drink products, and equipment that are sued in the Company’s core restaurant operations, as well as third party providers of services that support the Company’s corporate activities more broadly;
- Gaming and Entertainment Partners, comprising various gaming and entertainment companies with which the Company develops and or implements unique gaming experiences for customers to access at Dave and Buster’s locations;
- Community and Social Partners, comprising a range of non-profits and charitable organisations with which the company collaborates on social and community projects across its markets in the US and Canada; and
- Strategic Partners, comprising a range of other commercial enterprises and organisations with which the Company collaborates on various brand development, branding, or strategic projects.
Dave and Buster’s has launched a number of partnerships in recent years.
This includes gaming and entertainment partnerships with VRstudios and HITC VIVE, a charitable partnership with Make A Wish Foundation, and a service partnership with Ticketbud.
Dave and Buster’s business model depends on its ability to offer an enjoyable and entertaining experience to its customers across its network of restaurants.
As such, the Company’s key resources are its brand name and intellectual properties, its network of restaurants and outlets, its inventory of gaming equipment and pay-per-view television access, its supplies and supply chain, its network of partners, and its personnel.
The Company’s most crucial assets are its network of 129 owned or leased restaurant locations in the US and Canada, without which the business would not be able to function.
Dave and Buster’s incurs costs relating to the operation of its restaurant locations.
This includes costs related to the procurement of produce and beverages, the acquisition of gaming and entertainment equipment, the procurement of television and pay-per-view services, the operation of its restaurants and outlets – including utility and occupancy costs, the management of its partnerships, the procurement of third party services, the implementation of marketing and sponsorship campaigns, the development and maintenance of its IT and communications infrastructure, and the payment of salaries and benefits to its personnel.
In 2018, Dave and Buster’s recorded total cost of products for the year in the amount of USD 220.26 million, operating and payroll costs in the amount of USD 296.92 million, and other store operating costs in the amount of USD 384.16 million.
Dave and Buster’s generates revenue through the operation of a network of dining and entertainment venues across the US and Canada.
The Company derives its revenue across two core streams: food and beverage, comprising revenue collected in the form of sales fees directly from customers at point of sale; and amusement and other, which includes revenue collected via the Company’s various gaming and entertainment offerings.
In 2018, Dave and Buster’s generated total annual revenue in the amount of USD 1.27 billion, down on the USD 1.14 billion recorded by the Company in 2017.
The Company’s food and beverage revenue for the year totaled USD 536.47 million, while its amusement and other revenue was recorded as USD 728.83 million.
Jobs at Dave and Buster’s
2.962.000+ job opportunitiesStart here!