Careers at eInfochips
eInfochips’ mission is to be a leading global innovative technology company that transforms society by creating leaders and generating stakeholder value.
In 1994 Pratul Shroff founded eInfochips, a provider of chip design services, in India. Over time the company increased its capabilities to include a wide variety of software and hardware development services. Its offerings had applications in numerous industries, including Aerospace & Defense, Robotics, Retail, Industrial Automation, Automotive Infotainment, and Video Surveillance.
eInfochips’ wide breadth of expertise garnered it several Fortune 500 clients and contributed to its significant success. It also enabled the company to become involved in many prominent initiatives, including New York City’s LinkNYC (a free Wi-Fi service) and ZigBee Alliance, a global Internet of Things network. The firm is primarily known in the semiconductors field for its Eragon product line.
Business model of eInfochips
eInfochips has a mass market business model, with no significant differentiation between customer groups. The company targets its offerings at firms of all industries and sizes.
eInfochips offers three primary value propositions: innovation, performance, and brand/status.
The company embraces innovation as a part of its culture. Over 60% of its engagements involve new product development. Also, it designates 5% of its revenues annually for the purpose of developing reusable IPs in order to reduce product risks and accelerate product design cycles.
The company has demonstrated strong performance though tangible results. Specific examples of positive outcomes for clients include the following:
- A leading provider of home automation and security solutions used eInfochips’ solutions to develop an end-to-end IoT platform, resulting in a reduction in release cycle time by one-third
- A leading provider of diagnostic and IT-based products and services used eInfochips‘ solutions to conduct testing and automation, resulting in a 70% reduction in file size using Docker
- A multinational technology firm used eInfochips’ solutions to assess implementation needs for development of a communication solution, resulting in 85% faster time-to-market
- A provider of embedded applications for video surveillance used eInfochips’ solutions to manage its production deployment complexities, resulting in 73% faster time-to-market
The company has established a strong brand due to its success. It has completed over 500 product developments and more than 40 million deployments in 140 countries worldwide. Approximately 60% of its revenues come from Fortune 500 firms. Its prominent clients include Cisco, Siemens, General Electric, IBM, Texas Instruments, Microsoft, Qualcomm, Broadcom, Bosch, and Toshiba. Lastly, it has won many honors, including the following:
- Recognition as one of the “20 Most Promising Semiconductor Software Solution Providers 2016” by CIOReview India magazine
- Recognition as a “Leader” among Semiconductor Services in the 2016 Zinnov Zones
- “Outstanding Contribution to VLSI/ Embedded Design Industry – Corporate” award by Mentor Graphics at the 2016 Leadership Awards for the Embedded/ VLSI industry
- Recognition for “Best Use Of CSR Practices“ by Asia Pacific HRM Congress
- “Best Education Improvement Award“ by National Awards for Excellence In CSR & Sustainability
eInfochips’ main channel is its direct sales team. The company promotes its offerings through its website, social media pages, and participation in conferences.
eInfochips’ customer relationship is primarily of a personal assistance nature. The company offers a variety of engineering services to its clients. These include the following:
- Silicon Engineering – Includes ASIC & FPGA design, verification/validation, and physical design
- Embedded Systems – Includes hardware design and system verification/validation
- Software Engineering – Includes QA and test automation and BI/data visualization
- Extended Services – Includes new product development, lifecycle management, and sustenance
The company also offers training services. It operates the eInfochips Training and Research Academy (eiTRA), whose purpose is to develop customers and other parties (practicing engineers, entrepreneurs, company leaders) so they can gain proficiency in various parts of its industry.
Despite this orientation, there is a self-service component. The company’s website features a “Resources” section with brochures and white papers, and the site also provides newsletters.
eInfochips’ business model entails designing and developing products and delivering its services to customers.
eInfochips maintains the following partnerships:
- Software Partnerships – Partners are Microsoft, mongoDB, and Tableau Consulting
- System Partnerships – Partners are ARM, Qualcomm, Texas Instruments, and Intel
- Silicon Partnerships – Partners are Cadence, Xilinx, Microsemi, and Synopsys
eInfochips’ main resources are its human resources, who include the engineers that design and develop its products and services, the training staff members that provide instruction, and the customer service personnel who provide support. Its important physical resources consist of 10 design centers and offices spread across the United States, India, and Japan.
eInfochips has a value-driven structure, aiming to provide a premium proposition through significant personal service and frequent service enhancements. Its biggest cost driver is likely cost of services, a variable expense.
Other major drivers are in the areas of sales/marketing and customer support/operations, both fixed costs.
eInfochips has two revenue streams: revenues it generates from the fees it charges customers for its products and fees it charges for its services.
info: Pratul earned a Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering at Birla Institute of Technology and Science, a Master’s degree in Computer Engineering at Cornell University, and an MBA at IIM Ahmedabad. He previously worked at Intel and Daisy Systems.
info: Raj studied Business at Delhi University and completed an Advanced Management Program at the Harvard University. He previoulsy served as President and CEO of HCL Technologies America Inc. and as President of Persistent Systems.
info: Sumit earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce at Gujarat University. He previously served as the Chief Accounting Officer of eInfochips, as Senior Manager of Finance at Mudra Communications, and as Executive of Finance at Vodafone.
info: Parag earned a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science at McNeese State University and a Master’s degree in Computer Science at University of Louisiana, Lafayette. He previously served Managing Director of Global R&D at Qlogic Corporation.
1.473.000+ job opportunitiesStart here!