Careers at Emerson
Emerson’s mission is to create long-term value for its shareholders, customers, and employees through a passionate commitment to excellence and a disciplined management process, which together drive sustained competitive advantage in a dynamic global market.
They aim to achieve success by developing industry-leading technology, investing globally, and delivering results for customers.
Emerson incorporates the following major business platforms:
- Emerson Process Management - Provides automation, control and optimization technologies and services.
- Emerson Industrial Automation - Provides technologies and expertise for discrete manufacturing and power generation.
- Emerson Network Power - Lets customers protect and optimize data center and communications network.
- Emerson Climate Technologies - Provide energy efficient heating, air conditioning and refrigeration solutions for residential, industrial or commercial applications.
- Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions – Offers a broad range of tools, storage products, and appliance solutions for professionals, contractors, and homeowners.
The company known as ‘Emerson Electric’ today was founded as ‘Emerson Electric Manufacturing Corporation’ in 1890 in Missouri by Johnny Wesley Emerson to make electric motors. Within two years, it became the first-ever electric fan vendor in the United States. Soon, the company widened its product range to include electric sewing machines, power tools, and dental drills as well.
During the Second World War, Emerson rose as the world’s largest producer of airplane armament under the guidance of Stuart Symington (who later became the first United States Secretary of the Air Force).
In 1954, Emerson diversified its business portfolio by acquiring 36 companies. In the same year, the company grew from 2 plants, 4,000 employees and $56 million to a global company with 82 plants, 31,000 employees and $800 million in sales.
From 1970s to 2000s, the company witnessed development of a rigorous planning process, new product and technology development, acquisitions and joint ventures, and international growth. Emerson Electric Co, moving to boost its growth prospects, agreed to acquire Jordan Industries Inc's telecommunications equipment business for $440 million in December 1999.
Today, Emerson has grown from a regional manufacturer into a global technology solutions powerhouse which manufactures products and provides engineering services for a wide range of industrial, commercial, and consumer markets. The company has now approximately 111,000 employees and 205 manufacturing locations worldwide.
Jobs at Emerson
1.529.000+ job opportunitiesStart here!