Careers at eMids Technologies
Emids seeks to optimise the operations of commercial and institutional operators in the healthcare sector through the provision of information technology and business process outsourcing solutions.
Emids was founded in 1999 by former Wipro Infotech employees Saurabh Sinha (“Sinha”) and Arnab Chatterjee (“Chatterjee”). The Company was established with the intention of to making healthcare more accessible and affordable by making healthcare processes more efficient and reliable. The Company moved its headquarters to Nashville, Tennessee in 2005, which continues to be its principal base of operations. Emids additionally maintain global service centres in Bangalore, India.
Emids has grown significantly since its foundation, diversifying its service offerings to include network management, consulting, product engineering and clinical staffing solutions. The Company serves an extensive client base in the healthcare sector, including healthcare providers, payers, and other medical service providers, such as specialist technology companies and software vendors.
Emids has raised $13.3 million in investor funding from a single institutional round completed in 2013, in which it attracted Baird Capital and Council Capital as investors. The Company does not appear to have any imminent plans to launch an initial public offering, with the Company remaining in private hands.
Benefits at eMids Technologies
Business model of eMids Technologies
Emids serves a large customer base, comprising commercial and institutional entities operating in the healthcare and medical sector. The Company’s customers can be organised broadly into the following categories:
- Healthcare Providers, including facilities such as hospitals, clinics, and specialist care units, as well as healthcare services providers;
- Healthcare Payers, comprising medical insurance providers, health plan sponsors such as employers and government bodies, and other third-party payers; and
- Other Healthcare Operators, comprising a range of other companies operating in the healthcare and medical space, including healthcare technology companies, healthcare software vendors, healthcare information exchanges, and medical device producers.
Emids serves a broad international client base, notably across North America, Asia Pacific, and Europe, with the US comprising its largest single market. The Company does not list any of its individual clients on its website.
Emids provides value to its clients in the following ways:
- Its industry standing and reputation, with the Company established as a reliable provider of IT and business process outsourcing solutions, having a positive track record within the healthcare industry;
- The quality of its services, with the Company offering a broad range of high-quality services and solutions, catering to the needs of individual clients, and offering high level of customer service;
- Its efficiency and speed of service, with the Company utilising its specialist workforce and physical infrastructure to ensure that its solutions and services are delivered quickly, efficiently, and effectively;
- Its competitive pricing, with the Company utilising existing frameworks and expertise in all of its projects, enabling it to keep its costs down and offer services at process that compare favourably to its competitors; and
- Its industry expertise and experience, with the Company employing specialist personnel across its various operating units, as well as a team of experienced industry executives.
Emids operates a website at www.emids.com, through which it provides information on its various solutions, services, target markets, and corporate activities. While the Company maintains an online presence and offers a range of software solutions, it does not operate an online sales channel. It does, however, enable potential customers to register an interest in the Company’s services via an online contact form.
Emids makes its sales primarily through its in-house direct sales force. The Company’s sales and service personnel operate out of the Company’s North American delivery centre located in Nashville, Tennessee, as well as its two global delivery centres located in Bangalore, India. Emids provides services under three principal delivery models: project governance, quality assurance, and security and IT.
Emids additionally offers training services through its healthcare certification programs, which cover healthcare business processes, healthcare compliance workflows, and IT systems. It also operates its own research and development infrastructure.
While the Company maintains an online presence, Emids does not sell its products to clients on a self-service basis. Clients may register an interest in the Company’s services through an online contact form, but must complete purchases via the Company’s in-house sales and service personnel. The Company sales and service staff consult closely with clients in order to establish a clear picture of their individual needs, tailoring and scaling their solutions where possible to provide a personalised service.
Emids provides ongoing support to its customers, who are able to contact the Company at it its US and Indian offices by phone or via email in order to access personalised guidance and responses to queries. The Company also offers a range of online resources to its clients – such as case studies, white papers, news article, videos, and blog posts – which can be accessed independently.
Emids also publishes a schedule of all the industry events it is attending, providing clients the opportunity to attend and interact with company representatives in person.
Emids operates social media accounts with Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn through which it is able to publish company updates and interact with potential and existing customers directly.
Emids provides a broad range of information technology and business process outsourcing solutions to commercial and institutional clients operating within the healthcare industry.
The Company’s client base principally comprises healthcare payers, such as insurance providers and health plan sponsors; healthcare providers, such as hospitals and specialist facilities; and other healthcare business, such as third party administrators, healthcare information exchanges, and healthcare software vendors.
Emids offers hospital clinical practice, hospital practice administration, interoperability, message gateway, data migration, implementation, product engineering, quality assurance and testing, maintenance and support, mobility, transition and business testing, integration, and interface development services.
It also provides a range of IT and software solutions, including data analytics, health information exchange, application maintenance and support, system modernisation, enterprise application integration, and database administration.
Emids works in close collaboration with a range of partner companies and organisations, in order to ensure its solutions are effective and are delivered efficiently. These partners can be organised broadly into the following categories:
- Supplier and Vendor Partners, comprising suppliers of services, technologies, and equipment that are utilises broadly across the Company in support of its core activities, as well as companies to which certain on-technical functions can be outsourced;
- Technology Partners, comprising technology companies and software development companies that support the Company’s development of solutions and the maintenance of its IT infrastructure;
- Consulting Partners, comprising a range of healthcare and technology specialists that provide ongoing advice and guidance on issues affecting the Company and the healthcare industry, assisting in its development of effective solutions; and
- Strategic and Alliance Partners, comprising market leading companies across multiple sectors, with which the Company works on a range of projects, including branding, marketing, and development.
Emids has a number of partnerships in place. The Company lists several of its key partners on its website, including Apex Healthcare Analytics, HealthEdge, and ZeOmega.
Emids’s key resources are its proprietary technologies and intellectual properties, its software solutions, its IT and communications infrastructure, its sales and distribution channels, its physical network of service centres, its partnerships, and its personnel.
While the Company utilises a range of technologies in the development of its various solutions, searches of records published by the US Patent and Trademark Office identified no patent applications filed in Emids’s’ name. Similarly, searches of records published by Intellectual Property India identified no patent applications filed in the Company’s name.
Emids additionally owns and or leases a number of physical properties in the US and India. This notably includes its North America and global service centres, as well as its various research and development facilities.
Emids incurs costs in relation to the development of its technologies and solutions, the development and maintenance of its IT and communications infrastructure, the procurement of professional and consulting services, the operation of its sales and distribution channels, the implementation of advertising and marketing campaigns, the management of its partnerships, and the retention of its personnel.
Emids generates revenue through the provision of various information technology and business process outsourcing solutions to clients operating in the healthcare services industry. The Company derives its revenue primarily under sales and service contracts agreed with clients on a project-by-project basis.
Emids remains privately owned company, and as such it is not obliged to publish its financial results online. Research identified one corporate directory listing that suggested that the Company generates annual revenue in excess of $20 million.
info: Sinha has served as Chief Executive Officer at Emids since co-founding the Company in 1999. He is responsible for leading the Company’s overall strategic direction. He also holds several external directorships, including at the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society in Tennessee, Abe’s Garden, and the Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce. Prior to co-founding Emids, Sinha served for more than 3 years as a systems manager at Wipro Infotech. He is also a former member of the Board of Directors at Nashville Technology Council, a position from which he stepped down in 2011, having served as a director for three years.
info: Chatterjee has served as Executive Vice President of Global Operations at Emids since 2011. He previously served as the Company’s Executive Vice President of Global Delivery. This is his second spell at Emids, having left the Company in 2003 and returned in 2007. Chatterjee has a technical background. He began his career in 1997 as a systems engineer at Wipro Infotech, where he worked alongside Sinha. He left Wipro to co-found Emids, where he worked for several years before joining Microsoft in 2003 as a team manager. Chatterjee left Microsoft after just over a year, joining KWeb Marketing in Bangalore as a director.
info: Gaurav has served as Chief Financial Officer at Emids since joining the Company in 2015. He is responsible for overseeing the Company’s various financial functions. Agarwal is an experienced financial executive, having held senior roles at a number of companies in the US. He began his career in 1994 at Karnavat and Company, where he worked for close to four years. In 1998 he joined Essar as a deputy manager, a role he held for four years before joining Patni Computer Systems in 2003 as Investor Relations Head and Finance Manager. From 2011 to 2013 Agarwal was Vice President of Finance and Chief Financial Officer at Xavient Information Systems, and prior to joining Emids he held the same role at UST Global for a single year.
Jobs at eMids Technologies
1.798.000+ job opportunitiesStart here!