Careers at InsideView
InsideView seeks to optimise the efficiency of commercial customer relationship management systems across multiple sectors through a range of software solutions.
InsideView was founded in 2005 by Umberto Milletti (“Milletti”). Shortly following its establishment, the Company made a key strategic acquisition, purchasing TrueAdvantage in 2007. This acquisition allowed the Company to greatly expand its client base, with all former TrueAdvantage customers moved to InsideView’s new solution.
InsideView began to attract formal investor funding in 2007, raising $7.4 million in its Series A round. The Company to date has completed seven rounds of funding, raising $75.96 million from seven investors, including Big Sky Partners, Foundation Capital, Greenhouse Capital Partners, Rembrandt Venture Partners, and Split Rock Partners.
InsideView has evolved into one of the most popular providers of customer relationship management solutions in the world, serving a number of high-profile clients across multiple sectors. The Company maintains offices in the US and India, and serves an international customer base.
Benefits at InsideView
Business model of InsideView
InsideView offers a range of customer relationship management solutions to commercial clients across multiple business sectors. This includes customers across the following industries:
- Technology, including various high technology companies, online service providers, IT service companies, software developers, and other technology-focused businesses;
- Financial and Professional Services, including various financial service providers, accounting and professional services firms, and banking institutions;
- Travel and Transport, including travel agencies and agents, transport service providers, airlines, logistics companies, and fleet management companies;
- Media and Publishing, including media outlets, publishing houses, online magazines, and other physical and digital media publishers;
- Energy, including oil and gas companies, energy transmission companies, and energy producers;
- Education, including various higher education institutions, such as universities and colleges, as well as research institutions; and
- Construction, including engineering firms, specialist contractors, and large construction companies.
InsideView names a number of its clients on its website. This includes high-profile companies such as Chevron, Deloitte, FujiFilm, Adobe, Condé Nast, Adecco, IBM, Tiffany and Co., and Andreessen Horowitz.
InsideView principally serves clients in its home market of the US. The Company also serves an international client base, and maintains a presence in India.
InsideView provides value to its clients in the following ways:
- Its reputation and industry standing, with the Company established as a reliable and popular provider of customer relationship management solutions, as demonstrated by its ability to secure business from market-leading companies such a Chevron, Adobe, IBM, and Deloitte;
- Its variety of solutions, with the Company offering a wide variety of products and services that are designed to address a range of sales, marketing, and other business needs for clients across multiple industries;
- Its exhaustive data sources, with the Company aggregating data from more than 40,000 sources across a range of markets and jurisdictions, enabling it to provide detailed, accurate, and current information to its clients;
- Its proprietary technologies, with the Company utilising various proprietary technologies in the development and implementation of its products, making its offerings unique within the industry; and
- Its industry expertise and experience, with the Company employing specialist personnel across its operating units, as well as a team of experienced industry executives.
InsideView operates a website at www.insideview.com, through which it provides information on its various products, services, partners, and locations. The Company does not operate an online sales channel. It does, however, allow customers to register an interest in the Company’s products and request demonstrations directly through the Company’s website.
InsideView also operates an online customer portal, through which users are able to access products, tools, and resources, and offers a mobile app that can be downloaded via the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.
InsideView makes its sales primarily through a direct sales force, the members of which deal directly with clients. The Company’s sales staff operate out of its network of offices across the US and in India, including locations in San Francisco, Austin, and Hyderabad. InsideView has two sales teams organised by geographic region – its US-based headquarters and its Asia Pacific team – both of which can be contacted over the phone.
InsideView additionally make sales through a network of channel partners. This includes various value added resellers, affiliates, and sales agents.
InsideView does not sell its products and solutions to clients on a self-service basis. It does, however, allow customer to register an interest in products through its website, and operates an online customer portal, through which clients can access tools and resources directly without interacting with members of the Company’s sales and service personnel. The Company’s mobile apps are similarly available on a self-service basis.
InsideView makes sales primarily through its direct sales force, the members of which consult closely with clients in order to ensure that they are provided the appropriate solutions. The Company seeks to establish its service offerings as a key component to its clients’s systems, with a view to securing long-term business and client relationships.
InsideView offers ongoing support to its customers, who are able to contact the Company’s support personnel over the phone or through an online contact form. The Company also provides a range of online support resources through its Knowledge Base, including user guides, product information, and instructions. It additionally operates a Training Hub, where clients can access training resources for the Company’s various products.
Additionally, InsideView maintains social media accounts with Facebook and Twitter, through which it can publish company updates and interact directly with customers.
InsideView offers a range of customer relationship management solutions for sales, marketing, account management, and mobiles.
The Company offers a range of data and services to its clients, including contact data, social and news insights, and business connections, as well as a range of training and support services. InsideView serves clients across a range of industries, including the financial and professional services, technology, education, travel, energy, and media and publishing industries.
The Company is headquartered in the US, where it maintains offices in San Francisco and Austin. It also operates an office in India.
InsideView works in close collaboration with a broad network of partner organisations that assist in the development and distribution of the Company’s service offerings. These partnerships can be organised into the following categories:
- Supplier and Vendor Partners, including suppliers of services, equipment, and technologies that are utilised in the development and implementation of its products and solutions;
- Channel and Distribution Partners, including the Company’s network of resellers, sales agents, and affiliates that assist in extending the Company’s own in-house sales and marketing reach;
- Technology and Original Equipment Manufacturing Partners, including technology companies, software developers, and original equipment manufacturers of various kinds that assist in the development and implementation of the Company’s products and solutions;
- Consulting Partners, including systems integrators and specialist consulting firms that assist in delivering value added services to their mutual customers; and
- API Partners, including various application developers that integrate the Company’s solutions and data offerings into a range of third party products and solutions.
InsideView names a number of its partners on its website. This includes technology partners Oracle, SAP, and NetSuite; consulting partners Hitachi Solutions, Armanino, and CoreMotives; and API partners Bullhorn, Kitedesk, and SalesLoft.
InsideView’s key resources are its intellectual properties and technologies, its software solutions and online platform, its IT and communications infrastructure, its sales and distribution channels, its network of partners, and its personnel.
InsideView utilises a range of proprietary technologies in the development and provision of its solutions. Searches of record published by the US Patent and Trademark Office, however, identified no patent applications filed in InsideView’s name.
InsideView owns and or leases several physical properties that comprise its office network, including its locations in San Francisco, Austin, and Hyderabad.
InsideView incurs costs in relation to the development of its technologies and solutions, the development and maintenance of its online platform, the maintenance of its IT and communications infrastructure, the procurement of professional services, the operation of its sales and distribution channels, the management of its partnerships, the implementation of advertising and marketing campaigns, and the retention of its personnel.
InsideView generates revenue through the development and provision of various customer relationship management solutions, as well as the provision of other ancillary services. The Company derives its revenue under sales and service contracts.
InsideView remains a privately owned company, and as such is not obliged to disclose its financial results online. Research did not identify any reference to the Company’s recent revenue figures. Some reports, however, state that the Company experienced 138% revenue growth in the first half of 2015.
info: Milletti has served as Chief Executive Officer at InsideView since founding the Company in 2005. He oversees the overall strategic direction of the Company and is its principal decision maker. Milletti began his career at Integrated Systems in 1987, where he served for several years as product manager. In 1993 he joined Knowledge Revolution as Vice President of Engineering, a role he held for three years before co-founding DigitalThink in 1996. He served at this company as General Manager and Vice President of Technology and Marketing for more than eight years, but left the company in 2004 to join Convergys as Vice President of Learning Technology. Prior to founding InsideView, Milletti served as a director at Software and Information Industry Association.
info: Jim has served as Chief Financial Officer at InsideView since joining the Company in 2012. He oversees the Company’s financial functions, including the operations of its various financial divisions. Lightsey is an experienced executive. He began his career in 1987 at Ernst and Young, where he served in management roles for four years. He joined Accenture in 1993 as a senior manager, where he stayed for four years before joining Homestore in 1997 as Director of Corporate Development. In 2000 Lightsey was appointed Chief Executive Officer at Emindhealth, ultimately moving to Crimson Marketing after four years, where he served as Managing Director.
info: Tracy has served as Chief Marketing Officer at InsideView since joining the Company in 2014. She is responsible for leading the Company’s marketing strategy. Eiler has held a number of executive positions. She began her career in 1990 as Vice President at Eiler Communications. In 1995 she moved to Business Objects, where she served as Vice President of Corporate Marketing for more than 11 years. From 2006 to 2007 Eiler served briefly as Vice President of Global Marketing at Postini (since acquired by Google), following which she joined Ingres Corp as Senior Vice President of Marketing. She has since held senior marketing roles at MarkLogic and Cloud9, and worked as an independent consultant before assuming her current role.
1.426.000+ job opportunitiesStart here!