Careers at Intralinks
Intralinks’ mission is to help enterprises extend business processes and high-value content across traditional organizational, corporate, and geographical boundaries.
In 1996 Mark Adams and John Muldoon founded Intralinks, a provider of software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions for enterprise content collaboration. The offerings enabled the the exchange, control, and management of information between and within organizations. They were originally designed for the debt capital markets industry, but within a short time were extended to M&A transactions.
The next decade-and-a-half saw a number of milestones. In 1997 prominent banks began using the firm’s solutions for loan syndication. In 2002 it developed the first virtual data room (VDR), allowing enterprises to share information in a secure space during due diligence processes. In 2010, it went public. In 2017 it was announced that Synchronoss Technologies would be acquiring Intralinks.
Benefits at Intralinks
Business model of Intralinks
Intralinks has a segmented market business model, with customer groups that have slightly different needs. The company targets its offerings at government agencies and enterprises across a variety of industries.
Intralinks offers three primary value propositions: convenience, performance, and brand/status.
The company offers convenience by making life simpler for its customers. It utilizes a software-as-a-service (SaaS) model, which means that it maintains only one version of its software. Consequently, it can upgrade all of its clients simultaneously with each new release.
The company demonstrates strong performance through tangible results. Specific examples of positive outcomes for clients include the following:
- McDonald’s China used Intralinks’ solution to transfer files, resulting in a 50% increase in time savings
- Red Lion Hotels used Intralinks‘ solution to conduct due diligence, enabling it to spend significantly less time on deal administration and accelerate the overall process
- Credit Suisse used Intralinks‘ solution to track M&A activity, resulting in the processing of 2,500 questions and time savings of 3-4 hours per day
- Alacrita Consulting used Intralinks‘ solution to conduct due diligence, enabling it to increase efficiency for deals by 30%
- Fresh Insurance Services Group used Intralinks‘ solution to share performance improvement data, resulting in a 30-35% improvement in productivity
The company reduces risk by maintaining high safety and security standards. It operates the cloud-based Content Collaboration Network, where clients can place sensitive information in a secure environment and then control the sharing, distribution, and management of that content.
The company has established a strong brand due to its success. It has completed $30 trillion worth of capital market transactions and strategic initiatives. It has been used by over 3.1 million professionals at 99% of Fortune 1000 firms, including MetLife, Credit Suisse, and Dupont. Approximately 91.7% of Intralinks‘ users report high satisfaction with their overall service experience. Lastly, it has won many honors, including the following:
- Recognition as the #1 vendor in the Enterprise Collaboration and Social Software Suites market ten years in a row
- Recogntion as VDR Provider of the Year by ACQ in the U.S. and UK
- The Excellence Award for Most Outstanding Virtual Data Room Provider by Acquisition International magazine
- A Bronze Stevie Award for Customer Service Department of the Year—Computer Software
- Gold CEO World Awards in two categories: “Best Blog of the Year” and “New Products, Upgrades, and Innovations of the Year – Business Products and Services”
Intralinks’ main channel is its direct sales team, which includes field and inside sales professionals. It also sells its offerings through a referral network and a group of channel partners.
The company promotes its offerings through its website, social media pages, forums, and conferences.
Intralinks’ customer relationship is primarily of a personal assistance nature. The company assists customers through various level of support:
- Discovery – Intralinks guides clients through the discovery process, which includes current state assessments, roadmap and rollout planning, and development consulting
- Startup – Intralinks guides clients through the startup phase, which includes platform enablement, technology enablement, and custom development
- Deployment – Intralinks guides clients through the deployment phase, which consists of integration and rollout
- Post-Implementation Support Services – Intralinks offers a range of services that include 24/7 multilingual support and maintenance
Intralinks’ business model entails maintaining and updating its platform for customers.
Intralinks maintains the Global Partner Network, which includes the following groups:
- Consulting & SI – The company works with consulting firms and systems integrators to help them resell and refer Intralinks products. Specific partners include NIT Finance and Kraft & Kennedy.
- Enterprise Fabric – The company works with firms that integrate their systems into its offerings in order to create best-of-breed technologies for customers. Specific partners include MobileIron, Splunk, Netskope, Symantec, and Okta.
- Business Applications – The company works with firms that extend the value of its solutions with their purpose-built apps for content-sharing purposes. Specific partners include Kira, iCapital Network, MISYS, and Wingspan Technology.
- Ecosystem Partners – These firms are those that have the scale and size to participate simultaneously across the various other Global Partner Network categories. Specific partners include Hewlett-Packard Enterprise and HP ArcSight.
Intralinks’ partners are located in India, Japan, Brazil, Mexico, Chile, South Africa, China, and various European countries.
Intralinks’ main resource is its proprietary software platform, which serves over 3.1 million professionals.
It depends on human resources in the form of technology employees that maintain and update its platform, sales staff members that promote it, consultants that provide advisory services, and customer service personnel that provide support.
Its employees also include numerous industry experts with experience in areas such as data privacy, data security, and M&A market trends. They speak to journalists and audiences around the globe.
Intralinks has a value-driven structure, aiming to provide a premium proposition through significant personal service and frequent service enhancements. Its biggest cost driver is sales/marketing expenses, a fixed cost.
Other major drivers are in the areas of cost of revenues, administration, and product development.
Intralinks has one revenue stream: revenues it generates from the sales of subscriptions to its platform. The sales occur through the formation of fixed-commitment contracts.
info: Ronald earned a Bachelor of Science degree at Boston College. He previously served as President, CEO, and President ofWorldwide Field Operations at Novell, and also served as Worldwide General Manager of IBM's distribution industries.
info: Chris earned a Bachelor of Arts in Economics at the University of Connecticut and an MBA in Finance and Accounting at Columbia Business School. He previously served as EVP and CFO of Gartner and worked at IBM, Coopers & Lybrand, and JP Morgan.
info: Scott previously held several senior leadership roles at Novell, including Senior Vice President, General Counsel, and Secretary. He also served as Chief Legal Officer and Corporate Secretary of Tele Atlas.
info: Leif earned a Bachelor of Arts degree at Boston College. He previously served as the Senior Vice President of Sales, Americas at Intralinks. He also served as Senior Vice President, Worldwide Sales Operations at Parametric Technology Corporation.
408.000+ job opportunitiesStart here!