Careers at LePort Schools
LePort Schools provides a place for passionate instruction and practical childcare. Their education system seeks to provide children, from infants to 8th grade, with core knowledge that will form the foundation for their future adult lives.
- Infant: Offers a safe and peaceful environment where infants can explore. The environment has a homelike atmosphere with gentle speaking teachers. Utilizes Maria Montessori’s framework for this and the toddler spaces. Age range for this program is 12 weeks to 24 months.
- Toddler: Provides a space for the next level of development with materials to enhance learning and language absorption. Children from 18 to 36 months may participate in this program.
- Preschool / Kindergarten: Introduces children to the next step of learning and provides math, sensorial, language, and cultural studies; includes the Montessori Method. Programs are offered for children 3 to 6 years of age.
- Lower Elementary: Grades 1-3: Advances children into elementary styles of instruction for mathematics, science, language arts, and cultural studies; includes the Montessori Method.
- Upper Elementary & Junior High: Provides the last level of instruction at LePort Schools, offering challenging material for study and combining it with life-experience outside of the classroom. Subjects offered are literature, history, geography, math, science, and language arts. Programs range from 4th to 8th
- Language Immersion: Offers the youngest students of the school an opportunity to naturally learn a second language while studying the core curriculum. Languages offered are Spanish and Mandarin.
- Parent and Child Program: Parents can experience the atmosphere provided by the Schools together with their child in this program. Meet other parents while your child socializes and learns with other children.
- Summer Camp: Offers summer camps at Fountain Valley, Huntington Harbor, Irvine Spectrum North, Irvine, Encinitas, and Solana Beach. Camps offered vary in length and are segmented based on age groups.
LePort Schools was founded in 2000 by Dr. Peter LePort. Childhood education interested Dr. LePort and he studied ideas put forth by Dr. Maria Montessori, which approached childhood education by tending to the needs of cognitive and moral growth. Once his children were of the preschool age he taught them using the Montessori methods.
There were Montessori schools in the area which he sent his children to, however they were not managed well. He decided the education his children were receiving was subpar, and after transitioning them from the Montessori schools to private schooling, and then to public schooling; he found that none of them stood up to his standards. Finally, he had his children homeschooled, and was active in the entire process developing new and effective ways of instruction.
Dr. LePort was both a surgeon and a businessman. He used his skills to target areas of improvement at the education and administration level of schooling. Thus in 2000 LePort schools was founded as the culmination of his work and effort. The education system he developed combines aspects of Classical and Montessori methods, using science and evidence as the foundation of the curriculum.
By improving the educational environment for both the educators and the children, LePort schools provides high-quality foundational knowledge for those enrolled. LePort has more than twenty campuses for their schools, and over 2000 students use their services.
Benefits at LePort Schools
Jobs at LePort Schools
1.488.000+ job opportunitiesStart here!