Careers at Nucleus Software
Nucleus Software’s mission is to translate domain expertise into value.
Nucleus Software is an IT products and solutions company. The firm operates seven reportable business segments based on geography: India, Far East, Southeast Asia, Europe, Middle East, Africa, and Australia. Each individually contributes 10% or more to the company’s annual revenues.
Nucleus Software was founded in 1986 in a tiny office in New Delhi, India. It marketed itself as a provider of lending and transaction banking software products, and its flagship product was FinnOne. Not long after its launch it obtained some high-profile customers, including a top paper manufacturer, a manufacturer of advanced display systems, and a leading multinational bank.
In the late 1980s India saw a significant increase in demand for software products, fostering Nucleus Software’s growth. The company’s success enabled it to expand into Mumbai and Chennai in 1988. It then enterered the global market with an office in Singapore in 1994. In 1995 it filed an initial public offering, and in 1998 it opened its first U.S. office. In 1999 FinnOne went live in 37 countries.
Business model of Nucleus Software
Nucleus Software has a niche market business model, with a specialized customer segment. The company targets its offerings at firms in the banking and financial services sectors.
Nucleus Software offers two primary value propositions: performance and brand/status.
The company demonstrates strong performance through tangible results. Examples of positive outcomes it has achieved for various banking customers include the following:
- 80% reduction in loan origination cost per customer
- 153% increase in turnover from Internet payment gateway transactions
- 600% increase in number of corporate transaction banking users
- 20% increase in income from cash management
- 25% reduction in turn-around-time for on-boarding
In addition, many of its clients have won awards after using its solutions, including process excellence awards, technology implementation awards, and model bank awards.
The company has established a strong brand due to its success. Its products are used by over 150 customers in more than 50 countries, affecting the lives of millions of consumers. Its clients include 3 of the top 15 banks globally and 3 of the top 10 automotive finance firms. It manages $147 billion in loans and processes 26 million transactions per day. Approximately 150,000 users log into its systems daily. Lastly, it has won many honors, including the following:
- The Model Bank Vendor 2016 Award by Celent
- The ICAI Award for Excellence in Financial Reporting
- Recognition as one of the “World’s Top Five Mobile Banking Solution Providers“ by Forrester
- Recognition by the Gartner Hype Cycle for Bank Operations Innovation
- The Nasscom Corporate Award for Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion
Nucleus Software’s main channels are its sales and business development teams. It also sells its products through a network of system integrators, independent software vendors (ISVs), and other distributors.
The company promotes its offerings through its website, social media pages, advertising, and participation in webinars, forums, summits, and conferences.
Nucleus Software’s customer relationship is primarily of a personal assistance nature. The company assists customers in the following ways:
Support Services - The company provides the following services:
- Onsite Support – It maintains an implementation team that helps set up systems at clients’ locations, and then stays onsite for two weeks (longer if necessary) for any needed extra support
- Ring Fenced Team – It maintains teams of experts dedicated to supporting individual clients -- clients can effectively outsource their support operations to the company
- Remote Access – It obtains secure remote access to clients’ environments so it can hasten investigation, diagnosis, and resolution on support issues
- 24x7x365 Operations – It provides 24x7x365 phone and e-mail customer support
Training/Testing Services – The company provides these to help clients‘ employees get acclimated to its solutions‘ capabilities during the implementation process. Specific services are as follows:
- Classroom-Based Training Sessions – Classes that can be held at clients‘ locations or at the company’s academy. Sessions are delivered by its product and technical experts, who work with client staff to customize the courses to their firm’s needs.
- Day-to-Day Knowledge Transfer – Projects in which implementation staff members work with client staff members to deliver on-the-ground, day-to-day training on its solutions.
- Testing Services – A selection of tools and techniques to help clients test their solutions. These include scenario builders and simulators that aid with things such as performance, stress, and backup testing.
Consulting Services – Consultants who provide functional, technical, and business expertise on everything from proper configuration of solutions to the latest trends in business and technology.
Project Management Services – Project managers that use a methodology called FinnEdge to help clients successfully deploy short-term initiatives. These include everything from green-field installations to migrations from legacy solutions.
Despite this orientation, there is a self-service component. The company’s website features a portal that provides a knowledge repository and answers to common questions. It also provides a request tracking system through which they can track support query progress. Lastly, there is an “Insights” section with help resources such as articles, brochures, case studies, videos, and white papers.
Nucleus Software’s business model entails designing and developing its software and providing related services to customers.
Nucleus Software’s main partners are the suppliers who provide the products (software and hardware) and services (e.g., product delivery) it needs to run its operations. It also forms alliances with systems integrators, independent software vendors, and other distributors that promote and sell its products. Lastly, it works with prominent research firms such as Forrester, Celent, AITE, and Ovum to research and produce reports on the banking and financial services industries.
The company maintains the Alliance Program, through which it provides training (in sales, implementation, and customer service) and marketing support to its partners. The training is conducted by a group of experts and is delivered in both online and offline formats.
Nucleus Software’s main resources are human resources. They include the engineers that design and develop its software, the salespeople that promote it, the customer service personnel that provide support, and the training/consulting staff members that provide instruction and advisory help.
Nucleus Software has a value-driven structure, aiming to provide a premium proposition through significant personal service and frequent service enhancements. Its biggest cost driver is sales/marketing, a fixed cost. Other major drivers are in the areas of travel and repair costs.
Nucleus Software has one revenue stream: revenues it generates from the sale of its software products to its customers.
info: Vishnu earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Technology at the Indian Institute of Technology. He has more than 28 years of experience in the field of information technology solutions for the banking, financial services, and insurance sectors.
info: Ashish previously held a number of leadership roles at NIIT Limited, including Vice President of Finance for over 12 years. At Nuclear Software he manages the accounts, finance, legal, and secretarial functions of the organization.
info: Pradeep earned an undergraduate degree at the Indian Institute of Technology and a postgraduate degree in Financial Management at Jamanalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies. He previously worked at various firms in the IT industry.
info: Avnish earned a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering at Malviya National Institute of Engineering and an MBA at the University of Delhi. He previously worked at Sprint, Equant, Global One, and Orange Business Services.
Jobs at Nucleus Software
2.672.000+ job opportunitiesStart here!