Careers at Omni Hotels & Resorts
Omni Hotels and Resorts (“Omni Hotels”) seeks to develop and operate high-quality luxury hotels and resorts across the US and North America, providing high-end services and experiences to a range of customers.
Omni Hotels is a large hotel and resort operator based in the US. It traces its roots back to 1945 and the establishment of a clam stand by the five Dunfey brothers in Hampton Beach, New Hamspshire.
The stand found significant success and enabled the brothers to purchase and open other businesses, notably including Lamie's Tavern, a combination restaurant and motor inn.
While the Dunfeys principally wanted the purchase restaurant, the seller insisted that the adjoining 32-room hotel also included in the deal.
The motor inn was also a success, and led the brothers to seek more opportunities in the hospitality industry. The brothers purchased their first dedicated hotel in 1958, which marks the establishment of Omni Hotels.
Omni Hotels continues to expand throughout the remainder of the 1950s and the early 1960s through the purchase of several other properties across New England.
In 1964, the brothers became pioneers of hotel franchising when they obtained several existing hotels and motor inns that bore the Sheraton name.
The deal saw Omni Hotels become the largest hotel franchise holder in the world. Ownership of Omni Hotels has changed hands several times since its establishment. Most recently, the company was acquired in the 1990s by businessman Robert Rowling via his holding company TRT Holdings.
Under TRT Holdings, Omni Hotels has continued to consolidate its position among America’ largest hotel operators.
The company currently operates a portfolio of 60 hotels and resorts across the US, Canada, and Mexico and employs an estimated 20,992 workers.
Business model of Omni Hotels & Resorts
Omi Hotels operates a network of luxury hotels and resorts.
The company’s customer base comprises both private leisure and corporate travellers, primarily seeking to provide high-end services to more affluent consumers.
The company’s customers can be organised broadly into the following categories:
- Leisure Guests, comprising the general consumer population – including individual travellers, groups, and families – seeking both short-stay accommodation and longer extended stays ain the US, Canada, and Mexico;
- Business Travellers, comprising individual and group business travellers that require both high-end lodging and amenities, as well as other specific business services such as meeting rooms, internet and computer services, and other facilities;
- Companies and Organisations, comprising a range of companies and organisations that utilise the company’s hotel facilities – including conference halls and meeting rooms – to organise conventions, celebrations, and other events; and
- Other Consumers, comprising other consumers that rent the company’s hotel spaces for events such as parties, weddings, and other celebrations.
Omni Hotels serves clients from around the world across a network of 60 hotels spread across the US, Mexico, and Canada.
Omni Hotels provides value to its customers in the following ways:
- Brand Recognition and Reputation – Omni Hotels has established itself as a known operator of high-end hotels and resorts across North America, and has a positive track record for providing a high quality experience to guests across a range of segments;
- Extensive Regional Portfolio – Omni Hotels operates a large network across North America comprising 60 hotels and resorts across the US, Canada, and Mexico, notably in convenient locations close to airports, metropolitan areas, and tourist hotspots, making its offerings within accessible distance for a large portion of the continent’s population;
- Luxury Services and Amenities – Omni Hotels provides high-end services and amenities to guests across its network of hotels, including high-quality restaurants, well-furnished rooms, and modern leisure facilities, including pools and gyms;
- High Quality Customer Service – in keeping with its luxury experience, Omni Hotels seeks to provide its customers with high-quality and efficient customer service, including arranging airport transfers and other requests specific to business guests; and
- Corporate Packages – Omni Hotels offers a range of specialised services to business travellers, including access to meeting rooms and computer and internet facilities.
Omni Hotels serves its customers directly through its network of 60 hotels operating under the Omni brand. At these hotels, the company serves its customers directly via an in-house staff of customer service, facilities, housekeeping, room service, and reception personnel.
The company’s hotels take bookings from leisure and corporate guests over the phone and in person, as well as through various online booking portals specific to each of its hotels.
Omni Hotels seeks to establish longstanding relationships with its customers, aiming to secure repeat business through its reliable luxury offerings, high-quality customer service, and high end facilities.
The company’s principal point of contact for its guests is its in-house personnel, who are on hand to manage customers check in and check out times, handle queries and complaints, and offer advice on attractions and amenities in the surrounding area.
Omni Hotels additionally operates a membership and rewards program for its regular guests as a means of encouraging repeat business.
Through this program the company offers its frequent customers discounts, exclusive member services, personalised services and features, and other benefits across several different tiers that can be availed across the company’s various hotels and brands.
Loyalty members are also able to access benefits across a number of international resorts under the Global Alliance Brands as part of the company’s Discovery program.
Omni Hotels operates a website at www.omnihotels.com, through which it keeps its customers updated with new deals and offers, as well as information about its various hotels.
The company’s various hotels and resorts also operate their own individual websites through which guests can access more specific information.
Omni Hotels is additionally able to communicate directly with its customers through its various social media accounts, including with LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest.
Omni Hotels manages and operates a portfolio of 60 hotels and resorts across the US, Canada, and Mexico.
Through its network of hotels and resorts, the company offers a range of services beyond traditional accommodation services, including luxury facilities such as spas, gyms, golf courses, and kids programs.
The company also provides event spaces to corporate and private customers, and The operates an online booking system for its leisure and business guests. Omni Hotels is owned by Texas oil billionaire Robert Rowling through his family's holding company TRT Holdings.
Omni Hotels works closely with a. broad network of partner companies and organisations.
These partners can be organised broadly into the following categories:
- Supplier and Vendor Partners, comprising suppliers of resources and equipment utilised across the company’s network of hotels and resorts, as well as third-party providers of services that support the company’s broader corporate activities;
- Franchise Partners, comprising other hospitality companies on behalf of which Omni Hotels operates hotels in Cancun and Puerto Aventuras as a franchisee;
- Rewards Partners, comprising a range of companies with which the company collaborates to provides rewards and deals as part of its loyalty and membership rewards program;
- Community and Charity Partners, comprising various national and international non-profits and charitable organisations, with which the company collaborates on community projects and schemes; and
- Strategic and Alliance Partners, comprising a range of companies with which the company collaborates on brand development, marketing, and other projects.
Omni Hotels notably has a charitable partnership with Feeding America under its Say Goodnight to Hunger program, under which it donates proceeds from sales for the provision of meals children and families in communities across the US.
Omni Hotels’ business model is dependent on its ability to provide reliable and efficient hospitality services across its network of luxury hotels and resorts.
As such, the company’s key resources are its brand name, its reputation and standing, its personnel, and notably its network of resorts and hotels.
The company currently operates a network of 60 hotels and resorts across the US, Canada, and Mexico which are its most crucial assets.
Omni Hotels also depends on its supply chain, franchise and licensing partnerships, and its IT and communications infrastructure – including its website and booking portals.
Omni Hotels incurs costs in relation to the operation of its hotels and resorts, including the procurement of food and supplies, the procurement of third-party services, the payment of rental and utility fees, the payment of salaries and benefits to its personnel, the management of its partnerships, and the development and maintenance of its IT and communications infrastructure.
Omni Hotels generates revenue through the operation of a regional network of hotels and resorts spanning the US, Canada, and Mexico.
The company derives its revenue in the form of booking fees, room charges, event bookings, and other hospitality services performed at its hotels, including spa services, airport transfers, and golfing.
Omni Hotels is a privately owned company and as such is not obliged to disclose its financial performance records to the public.
Estimates of the company’s revenue from corporate databases put the company’s annual revenue figures between USD 800 million and USD 2 billion.
info: Peter Strebel (“Strebel”) has served as President at Omni Hotels since March 2018. He is responsible for leading the company’s Board of Directors and coordinating with other executives with a view to managing the company’s strategic direction. Strebel first joined Omni Hotels in 1999 as Vice President of Sales and Marketing. He left the company in 2001 to assume the role of Chief Marketing Officer at Wyndham Hotels and Resorts, where he went on to serve as Presdient from 2005. In November 2009, Strebel rejoined Omni Hotels as General Manager and Area Managing Director. He went on to serve consecutively as the company’s Senior Vice President of Operations and Chief Marketing Officer prior to assuming his current role.
info: Kurt Alexander (“Alexander”) joined Omni Hotels in 2014 as the company’s Chief Financial Officer. He is responsible for leading the company’s financial management operations, including those of its accounting, tax, and internal audit departments. Alexander is an experienced financial executive and an auditor by trade. He began his career in 2005 as an auditor at professional services firm Ernst and Young, following which he served from March 2007 to June 2014 as Vice President at VRA Partners LLC. Prior to assuming his current role, Alexander served for more than 4 years as Vice President at TRT Holdings, the company’s principal shareholder.
info: Ken Barnes (“Barnes”) has served as Chief Information Officer at Omni Hotels since May 2016. He is responsible for overseeing the company’s IT and communications infrastructure and leading the development of the company’s technology systems. Barnes began his career as a staff accountant at White Lodging Services in Merrillville, Indiana. He went on to hold roles of increasing responsibility at the company over a period of more than 20 years, including spells as internal audit manager, information technology manager, Director of Information Technology, and Vice President of Information Technology. Prior to joining Omni Hotels, Barnes served as Senior Vice President of Global Client Relations at GuestTek Interactive Entertainment Limited.
408.000+ job opportunitiesStart here!