Careers at Piedmont Healthcare Inc
Piedmont Healthcare Inc (“Piedmont”) aims to provide excellent healthcare services to the communities that its facilities serve, and to make medical treatments available to as broad a population as is possible.
Piedmont traces its roots back to the foundation of the Piedmont Sanatorium in Atlanta, Georgia in 1905 by doctors Ludwig Amster and Floyd Wilcox McRae.
By eight additional specialists had joined Piedmont Sanatorium, increasing the facility’s staff to a total of 11 physicians.
The facility continued to grow throughout the early twentieth century, notably building a five-storey annex in the 1920s to accommodate an increase in demand following World War 1. Piedmont Sanatorium was notably renamed Piedmont Hospital during this time.
In the 1950s, Piedmont broke ground for the construction of a new hospital in Buckland, Georgia, and the Piedmont Hospital facility was moved to a new location in Deerland.
The Company continued to expand its operations in the latter half of the twentieth century, establishing a state of the art coronary care unit in the 1960s and founding the Piedmont School of Nursing. The Company also constructed a number of new hospitals and medical centres
Today, Piedmont operates network of 11 hospitals and around 600 medical centres and outpatient facilities, through which its serves a full range of medical and clinical services to around 2 million patients across Georgia. The Company employs more than 22,000 across its network of facilities, including physicians, nurses, and other clinical staff.
Business model of Piedmont Healthcare Inc
Piedmont operates a network of medical facilities through which it offers a wide range of medical services and treatments.
The Company serves a diverse spectrum of patients primarily comprising patients in the following categories:
- Inpatient, comprising patients who need treatment or ongoing care for chronic conditions major surgeries over an extended period and require one or more overnight stays in a medical facility;
- Outpatient, comprising patients who require treatment or procedures for minor conditions that can be completed in a single day and do not require an overnight stay;
- Urgent Care, comprising patients who require emergency treatment for acute injuries or illnesses; and
- Post-Acute and Rehabilitation, comprising patients who require ongoing care – including rehabilitative therapy – over an extended period of time, as well as patients that require home care services.
Piedmont is a regional provider of medical services, serving patients across Georgia. The Company has no operations outside of this region.
Piedmont provides value to its patients in the following ways:
- History and Standing – Piedmont has a long history of providing medical services to patient in Georgia that dates back more than 100 years, during which time the Company has established itself as a prominent and recognisable name in the region’s health care sector;
- Broad Spectrum of Treatments – Piedmont offers treatment and care for a wide variety of injuries and illnesses across its network of facilities, including emergency care, rehabilitative therapy, specialist surgeries, and at home care, ensuring that it is able to treat a diverse base of patients;
- Research and Training – Piedmont is dedicated to developing new and innovative treatments, as well as training and educating existing and prospective medical practitioners, ensuing that its patients have access to the best quality care possible;
- High Quality Care – Piedmont is dedicated to providing technically excellent medical treatment and clinical services, its personnel treating patients respectfully, compassionately, and patiently, and ensuring that they are comfortable throughout their stays;
- Accessibility and Reach – Piedmont operates a large regional network of 11 hospitals and more than 600 other medical clinics, ensuring that consumers in Georgia will have quick access to one of the Company’s facilities; and;
- Experience and Expertise – Piedmont employs teams of highly trained health care professionals across its facilities who have proven expertise or experience in a range of medical fields, ensuring that the Company is able to treat a diverse range of conditions effectively.
Piedmont serves its patients directly through its network of hospitals and medical facilities across Georgia.
This currently includes 11 hospitals, 24 urgent care centres, 28 Piedmont QuickCare locations, and 555 Piedmont Clinic physician practice locations.
Piedmont treats patients directly through its workforce of physicians, nurses, and other clinical staff, who are also responsible for handling in-person problems, queries, and questions.
Piedmont encourages patients that require ongoing treatment to return to its facilities. It aims to build trust and comfort by providing high-quality, reliable, and efficient services through its highly trained medical personnel.
The Company’s workforce of medical practitioners, nurses, and clinical staff seek to connect with patients personally, dealing with their conditions compassionately, patiently, and professionally, ensuring that they are as comfortable as possible.
Piedmont operates a website at www.piedmont.org, through which it provides a range of information resources to patients on a self-service basis, information on its locations, services, and organisations structure.
The Company’s website also provides access to a find-a-doctor service, and allows patients to pay medical bills online on a self-service basis. The Company’s MyChart service, also allows patients to access their record of treatments and test results.
Piedmont is additionally able to communicate directly with customers through its various social media accounts – including with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram – as well as through its self-hosted news portal.
Piedmont operates a network of hospitals and outpatient clinics that provide medical care and services to consumers in Georgia.
The Company treats a diverse range of conditions across fields including cancer, heart, neurosciences, primary care, spine, transplants, women’s health, urology, emergency, bariatrics, breast health, diabetes, imaging, orthopaedics, rehabilitation, pulmonology, urgent care, and wound care.
The Company is also engaged in medical research projects, clinical trials, and training programs. Piedmont was founded in 1905 and is based in Atlanta, Georgia. It operates hospitals in Atlanta, Fayetteville, Stockbridge, Jasper, Newnan, and Covington, Georgia.
Piedmont works with a wide range of partner companies and organisations across Georgia to ensure that its patients receive the best possible care.
These partners can be organised broadly into the following categories:
- Suppliers and Vendor Partners, including suppliers of medical equipment and pharmaceutical products that are utilised across the Company’s medical facilities, as well as other third-party providers of services that support the Company’s corporate activities more broadly;
- Managed Care Payor Partners, comprising both state-run health system partners, such as Medicare and Medicaid, and third party private medical insurance providers, through which patients are able to access Piedmont’s health care services;
- Research Partners, comprising medical research companies and academic institutions with which the Company’s collaborates on clinical research projects and the development of new treatments, ensuring that it remains at the cutting edge of the medical field;
- Academic and Training Partners, comprising various academic institutions with which the Company collaborates to provide training and education in the medical field, ensuring that both current and future clinical staff are highly trained; and
- Community Partners, comprising a range of charitable organisations and non-profits with which the Company collaborates on community and social projects in the Georgia region.
Piedmont lists a number of its service provider partners on its website, including CBRE, Dunbar Consulting, Ketchum, Long Engineering, and Willis Towers Watson.
In recent years, the Company has also launched partnerships with Patientco, WellStar Health System, and Cigna.
Piedmont’s business model depends on its ability to provide reliable, effective, and high quality care services to patients in Georgia.
As such, its key resources are its network of medical facilities – including hospitals, clinics, and research facilities, its specialist nursing and physician personnel, its inventory of medical equipment and drugs, its suppliers and supply chain infrastructure, its partnerships, and its IT and communications infrastructure.
The Company’s most significant resources are its physical properties, which comprise 11 hospitals and more than 6000 medical facilities across Georgia.
Piedmont incurs costs in relation to the operation of its medical and office facilities – including occupancy and utility costs, the procurement of medical supplies and equipment, the procurement of third party services, the payment of salaries and benefits to its personnel, the implementation of marketing and branding campaigns, the implementation of research and training programs, the management and maintenance of its IT and communications infrastructure, and the management of its partnerships.
Piedmont generates revenue via the provision of medical treatments and care to patients across its network of hospitals and medical facilities in Georgia.
The Company derives its revenue primarily in the form of medical fees charged either directly to patients, or collected under managed care schemes, such as Medicare or Medicaid, or via third party private medical insurers.
Piedmont is a privately owned company and as such it is not obliged to publish its financial results online.
In 2017, however, the Company was reported to have generated annual revenue of USD 2.9 billion, a significant increase on its reported revenue of USD 1.66 billion in 2015.
info: Kevin Brown (“Brown”) has served as President and Chief Executive Officer at Piedmont since May 2013. In this role, he is responsible for developing and implementing the Company’s overall growth and business development strategies, as well as for coordinating between the Company’s Board of Directors and senior executive management team. In his early career, Brown worked for around five years in the 1990s as part of the start-up management team for PacifiCare of Washington. He went on to join Providence Health System, where he led various strategic and business development projects before joining Swedish Health Services. Brown held a number of roles at Swedish Health Services, including spells as Chief Strategic Officer leading the development and oversight of the strategic planning office, and Senior Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer with operational responsibility for the ambulatory care division. Prior to joining Piedmont, he served as Swedish Health Services’ Chief Executive Officer.
info: Michael McAnder (“McAnder”) has served as Chief Financial Officer at Piedmont since joining the Company in 2015. In this position, he is responsible for overseeing all of the Company’s various financial management operations, including the activities of its tax, accounting, and internal audit units. McAnder began his career in 1987, when he joined Banner Health. He held a number of roles at the company in its managed care, treasury, capital planning, revenue management, and ambulatory planning departments, ultimately rising to the position of Senior Vice President. In 2007, he joined Allina Health as Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, and prior to joining Piedmont, he served for more than six years as Senior Vice President of Financial Operations at Kaiser Permanente.
info: Matt Gove (“Gove”) has served as Chief Consumer Officer at Piedmont since joining the company in 2011. In this role, he is responsible for developing strategies to drive loyalty, increase revenue, and enhance community standing. Gove began his career in 1997, when he joined Manning Salvage and Lee as an account executive. He went on to serve for two years as an account supervisor at The Gove Network, following which he held staff writer positions at Atlanta Business Chronicle and Virgin Islands Daily News. In 2003, he joined Cousins Properties Inc as Director of Marketing and Communications. He left the company in 2005 to serve briefly as Editor of CoStar Group Inc, before returning to Cousins Properties Inc in 2006 as Senior Vice President of Marketing and Communications, Prior to joining Piedmont, Gove was Senior Vice President of Marketing and External Affairs at Grady Health System.
Jobs at Piedmont Healthcare Inc
1.893.000+ job opportunitiesStart here!