Careers at PointClickCare
PCC offers a range of software solutions and ancillary services that are designed to optimise the operations of senior care providers in North America.
PCC was founded in 1995 by brothers Mike and Dave Wessinger, and launched its offerings commercially in 2000. The Company was among the first companies in the world to introduce technology and software solutions to the senior care industry. It has established itself as a leading provider of software-as-a-service solutions to care homes, community health and home care providers, and skilled nursing providers.
PCC remains a privately owned company but has plans to go public in the near future, having filed for a common stock initial public offering in 2015. The Company’s public listing, however, has been postponed. PCC is currently expanding its operations using funds raised through venture funding, with the Company raising around $100 million in February 2017 from investors such as Dragoneer Investment Group and JMI Equity.
PCC is a leading provider of software solutions in the senior care sector. It operates principally in the US and Canada, but also maintains an office in Nepal.
Business model of PointClickCare
PCC offers a range of cloud-based software solutions to customers operating within the senior care industry. The Company organises its solutions into the following target areas of the broader industry:
- Home and Community-Based Services, including specialist home care and community health service providers that offer long-term care to the elderly;
- Skilled Nursing, including healthcare providers and specialist healthcare facilities that offer specialist nursing services;
- Senior Living, including operators of senior living facilities and care homes for the elderly; and
- Continuing Care Retirement Communities, including specialist care home operators that provide integrated housing, personal services, and health care out of a single location.
PCC names a number of its clients on its website in the form of testimonials. This includes companies and facilities such as Cedar Creek Assisted Living, Spring Hills hunter’s Creek, The Terraces of San Joaquin Gardens, ABHOW, and Welcov healthcare.
PCC is based in Canada, with is core market being North America. The Company also has a presence in Nepal, but does not appear to have any significant international operations outside of the US and Canada.
PCC provides value to its clients in the following ways:
- Its industry standing and reputation, with the Company established as a leading provider of solutions to the senior care industry, supporting the largest network of senior care providers in the long-term post acute care market;
- Its broad range of services and solutions, with the Company offering a wide range of solutions and ancillary services – including its flagship online platform, as well as care delivery management, compliance, and marketing services – that cater to the needs of all operators across the industry;
- Its accessibility and flexibility, with the Company offering cloud-based solutions that can be accessed online through desktop computers and mobile devices, with solutions being tailored to suite the individual needs of each client;
- Its industry expertise and experience, with the Company employing specialist personnel across its operating divisions to ensure that the Company’s solutions are effective, reliable, and efficient; and
- Its commitment to training and academics, with the Company participating in an Academic Alliance that ensures academic institutions are able to offer practical training to equip students with relevant skills for working in the senior care industry.
PCC operate a website at www.pointclickcare.com, through which it provides information on its products and solutions, ancillary services, partners, and customers. The Company does not appear to operate an online sales channel, nor does it offer software downloads on a free trial basis.
The Company does, however, operate an online platform which can be accessed via the Company’s homepage, and through which customers can access tools, resources, and products. PCC additionally offers a mobile app for iOS and Android devices that can be downloaded for free from the relevant app store.
PCC makes its sales primarily through its in-house direct sales force. The Company’s sales and marketing personnel operate out of its network of sales and administrative offices across the US, Canada, and Nepal. PCC also uses a number of channel and distribution partners to sell and market its solutions, including referral partners, integration partners, and vendor partners.
PCC does not offer its products and services to customers on a self-service basis, instead making sales through its direct sales force. The Company does, however, operate an online platform that customers are able to access independently, and that allows them to utilise products, tools, and resources online without interacting with members of the Company’s sales and service teams. PCC mobile application is available for download on a self-service basis and can similarly be used independently.
PCC’s direct sales force works closely with its clients to accurately ascertain their individual needs and circumstances. This allows the Company, where possible, to tailor and scale its solutions to ensure that each customer receives appropriate services for their size and activities. The Company seeks to establish its cloud-based offerings as a key component of its clients’s internal systems, ensuring long-term customer relationships.
PCC offers ongoing support to its clients, who are able to contact dedicated support personnel over the phone or via an online contact form in order to access personalised assistance. The Company also offers a range of resources through its website – including white papers, webinars, and literature – that can be accessed independently.
PCC additionally operates accounts with several social media networks – including with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube – through which it can interact directly with customers and publish regular company updates.
PCC is a provider of cloud-based software solutions for commercial operators within the elderly care industry.
The Company’s flagship offering is its software-as-a-service platform through which customers can access care delivery management, financial management, marketing, business intelligence, and compliance functionality. PCC also offers a range of ancillary support services, as well as access to a subscription-based implementation and training program.
The Company services individually-owned senior care facilities, regional and national chain senior living providers, specialist home and community-based service providers, and continuing care retirement communities in the US and Canada. The Company also maintains an office in Nepal, although this does not appear to comprise a significant part of the Company’s operations.
PCC works in close conjunction with a network of partner companies and organisations that support and extend the Company’s in-house operations. The Company’s partners can be organised broadly into the following categories:
- Supplier and Vendor Partners, including suppliers of services, tools, technologies, and equipment that are utilised across the Company’s operating units in support of its core development and delivery operations;
- Channel and Distribution Partners, including independent software vendors, and marketing and referral partners that assist in extending the reach of the Company’s in-house sales and marketing teams;
- Technology and Integration Partners, including technology companies, specialist systems integrators, healthcare technology companies, and consulting firms that ensure the Company’s solutions are developed, deployed and integrated effectively; and
- Training and Academic Partners, including certified trainers, academic institutions, and other training services providers that collaborate with the Company on training programs for students seeking employment in the senior care industry.
PCC includes a partner directory on its website, which lists the Company’s various partners. This includes companies such as eHealth Data Solutions, Kronos, OPTIMA Healthcare Solutions, OnShift Software, Schryver Medical, and SupremeCare Corp.
PCC’s key resources are its proprietary technologies and intellectual properties, its cloud-based solutions and software-as-a-service platform, its IT and communications infrastructure, its sales and distribution channels, its partnerships, and its personnel.
PCC owns a number of proprietary technologies and intellectual properties that are utilised in the development and deployment of its solutions. The Company protects these properties in various ways, including through contractual agreements. Despite this, searches of records published by the US Patent and Trademark Office identified no patent applications filed in PCC’s name, either as applicant or assignee.
PCC additionally owns and or leases a number of physical properties around the world, primarily its offices in the US, Canada, and Nepal.
PCC incur costs in relation to the development of its solutions and technologies, the development and maintenance of its software-as-a-service platform, the maintenance of its IT and communications infrastructure, the operation of its sales and distribution channels, the procurement of services, the management of its partnerships, the implementation of marketing campaigns, and the retention of its personnel.
PCC generates revenue through the development and deployment of software solutions for the senior care industry. The company derives revenue in the form of implementation and subscription fees, with the Company charging clients one-time implementation costs as well as ongoing monthly costs depending on the services provided.
info: Mike has served as Chief Executive Officer at PCC since co-founding the Company in 1995. He leads the Company’s overall strategic direction and serves as its key decision maker. Mike Wessinger is credited with introducing the first cloud-based electronic health record platform in the long-term post-acute care industry, and is considered a pioneer of the use of technology in the senior care industry.
info: Paul has served as Chief Financial Officer at PCC since 2015. He is responsible for overseeing the operations of the Company’s various financial units, including its accounting, internal audit, and tax departments. Rybecky is an experienced finance executive. He began his career in 1988 at Pannell Kerr Forster where he served in a number of financial positions over the course of two years. In 1990 he joined Ernst and Young, where he served as a senior manager for more than ten years. Rybecky was appointed to his first senior executive position in 2001 when he joined Confort and Company as Chief Financial Officer. Prior to joining PCC, Rybecky served as Vice President of Finance, Treasury, and Investor Relations at DealerTrack for more than nine years.
info: Ed has served as Chief Operating Officer at PCC since joining the Company in 2013. In this position, he manages much of the Company’s day-to-day operations. He also serves as a member of the Board of Directors at Intelex Technologies. Roshitsh has served in a number of executive positions, primarily with a focus on sales and marketing. From 1990 to 2000 he worked at Data Processing Sciences Corporation, including a spell as Vice President of Sales. In 2000 he was appointed Vice President of Worldwide Sales at Blackbaud, a role he held for close to five years before joining Battery Park Search in 2005 as Managing Partner. Roshitsh went on to serve as Chief Operating Officer for Vertafore Agency Markets at AMS Services, and prior to joining PCC served as President at Granicus Inc.
1.778.000+ job opportunitiesStart here!