Careers at Ramco Systems
Ramco Systems’ mission is to provide innovative business solutions that can be delivered quickly and cost-effectively in complex environments.
In 1938 the Industrial Revolution had not yet made its mark on South India. Ramaswamy Raja wanted to change that. So in 1938, despite a lack of significant capital or resources, he established a spinning mill. He made much of the importance of focusing on technology and quality. Over time his business developed into a conglomerate called the Ramco Group, with many diversified offerings.
In 1992 the Ramco Group, headed by P.R Venkatarama Raju, launched a research and development division within its subsidiary, Ramco Industries Limited. Called Ramco Systems, it designed and developed software products and services. In 1997 Ramco Systems separated from its parent and became an independent company. It now has offices worldwide.
Business model of Ramco Systems
Ramco Systems has a mass market business model, with no significant differentiation between customer groups. The company targets its offerings at firms of all industries and sizes.
Ramco Systems offers three primary value propositions: innovation, risk reduction, and brand/status.
The company places a strong emphasis on innovation. Its innovative efforts include:
Hub It - The company’s solution features “Hubs” that offer users clearly visualized, actionable insights related to their roles on a single screen.
Mail It – The company’s solution enables users to transact on the enterprise platform by sending a mail to the system to complete transactions.
Thumb It – The company’s solution enables users to complete transactions on mobile phones by following their thumbs’ natural arc – its app senses context.
Prompt It - The company’s solution includes a feature called “Genie” that can complete transactions using intelligence gathered from the user’s past behavior.
The company reduces risk by maintaining high quality and security standards. It has received the following certifications:
- ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 27001:2005 information security standards
- SAS 70 Type II certification for its BPO unit
- SEI CMMi Dev 1.3 at Maturity Level 3
The company has established a strong brand due to its success. It has an annual turnover of $1 billion and is the fifth largest producer of cement. It has more than 1,600 employees operating out of 22 offices across India, Europe, the United States, Canada, Australia, South Africa, Asia-Pacific, and the Middle East. It has over 1,000 clients representing over 150,000 users across 35 countries. Its prominent customers include Danube Group, Emirates, Seagate, and Radisson. Lastly, it has won many honors, including the following:
- Recognition for Best Payroll and Talent Management Software at the 2016 HR Vendors of the Year event by Human Resources in Malaysia and Singapore
- Ranked as an “Achiever” in Everest Group's Multi-Country Payroll Platform Assessment 2016
- Recognized as the preferred Next-Gen MRO IT Vendor by Aeronautical Repair Station Association
- The “Best Sourcing Innovation” Award at the 2015 ISG Paragon Awards
- Recognized as a Leader in NelsonHall’s NEAT Report for Payroll Outsourcing in 2015 & 2016
Ramco Systems’ main channel is its direct sales team. It also sells its products through various distributors and resellers. The company promotes its offerings through its website, social media pages, advertising, and participation in summits and conferences.
Ramco Systems’ customer relationship is primarily of a self-service, automated nature. Customers utilize its products while having limited interaction with employees.
The company’s website features a “Resources” section that includes white papers, case studies, brochures, and videos. That said, there is a personal assistance component in the form of phone and e-mail support.
Ramco Systems’ business model entails designing and developing its products for customers.
Ramco Systems maintains the following types of partnerships:
- Platform Partners – The company maintains alliances with firms that bundle its products with their own offerings for sale to their customers. Specific partners include Xerox, Northgate Arinso, and Schneider Electric.
- Global System Integration Partners – The company works with firms that sell, resell, implement, and support its solutions either generally or to specific industry segments. Specific partners include Dell, Infosys, and ITC Infotech.
- Business Partners – The company forms alliances with firms that sell, resell, and implement its offerings, while maintaining equal ownership and working closely with its clients.
- Technology Partners – The company collaborates with firms by integrating its products with their solutions in order to provide enhanced offerings to customers. Specific partners include Amazon Web Services, Microsoft, Qlik, CloudPay, Avalara, APS Globa, Informatica, and Dataworks.
Ramco Systems’ main resources are its human resources, who include the engineers that design and develop its software, the sales employees that promote it, and the customer service employees that provide support.
Ramco Systems has a cost-driven structure, aiming to minimize expenses through significant automation. Its biggest cost driver is personnel expenses. Other major drivers are in the areas of research/development and customer support/operations, both fixed costs.
Ramco Systems has three revenue streams:
- Software license fees
- Software development/implementation fees
- Maintenance service fees
info: P:R: earned a Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering at the University of Madras and a Master's Degree in Business Management at the University of Michigan. He is also the Director of Ramco Cements Limited.
info: Virender earned a Master‘s Degree in Business Management at the Birla Institute of Technology and Science. He previously served as President & APAC Region Head of HCL Technologies and as SVP of Satyam Computer Services Limited.
info: Ravi previously served as Finance Manager of Ramco Systems, and held leadership roles at Wipro Limited, S&S Power Switchgears Limited, and General Signal Private Limited. He has over 30 years of experience and manages Ramco’s finance function.
info: Harsh earned a B.E. in Computer Engineering at Delhi University. He previously served as a Regional Manager of Ramco Systems and as Vice President of APAC-MEA at HCL Technologies and Satyam.
408.000+ job opportunitiesStart here!