Careers at ZipRecruiter
Ziprecruiter seeks to make the job search and commercial hiring process more accessible and efficient for individuals and commercial enterprises through its online job listing and recruitment platform.
Ziprecruiter was founded in 2010 by Ian Sigel, Joe Edmonds, Will Redd, and Ward Poulos with the intention of providing an effective and reliable platform for jobseekers and recruiters.
The four founders quickly built an early version of the site, and then began developing different business models, identifying traffic sources, and optimising the user experience. Work on the business was done initially at homes of the four founders on a part-time basis while still working full-time day jobs. Ziprecruiter was able to grow to serve more than 3,000 customers before hiring any other employees.
Ziprecruiter initially operated solely using funds generated through its business operations. In 2014, however, the Company completed its first formal round of investor funding, raising around $63 million from three investors: Basepoint Ventures, Industry Ventures, and Institutional Venture Partners.
The Company is among the most well-known and popular recruitment platforms in the US and the UK, and continues to develop and expand its service offerings. Reports do not make reference to the Company’s valuation, and Ziprecruiter does not appear to have any imminent plans to launch an initial public offering.
Benefits at ZipRecruiter
Business model of ZipRecruiter
Ziprecruiter provide recruitment and job search services to a range of individual and commercial customers. The Company’s customers can be organised broadly into two core categories:
- Individuals, comprising jobseekers of all ages and professions, to whom its provides an accessible and flexible source of job seeking tools; and
- Commercial Entities, comprising a range of commercial enterprises across multiple sectors, to which the Company provides services and tools to assist in the recruitment process.
Ziprecruiter lists a number of its individual and commercial clients on its website. The Company’s enterprise customers include The Sigma Law Group, Applebee’s, Safety Management Group, Matrix Medical Network, Lighthouse Management Group, and MONZINGO.
Ziprecruiter serves an extensive customer base in its native US, as well as a significant customer base in the UK.
Ziprecruiter provides value to its clients in the following ways:
- Its brand strength and industry standing, with the Company established as a leading portal for jobseekers and commercial recruiters, having a well-known and well-respected brand name within the industry;
- Its accessibility and flexibility, with the Company offering a range of services through its online portal and mobile application that can be accessed quickly and easily by users from anywhere and at any time;
- Its commitment to innovation, with the Company committed to developing and implementing new and innovative solutions, ensuring that its services are at the cutting edge of the industry;
- Its large user base, with the Company serving providing customers with an extensive catalogue of job opportunities and managing the profiles of more than 7 million active job seekers for commercial recruiters; and
- Its international reach, with the Company serving an extensive domestic customer base in the US, as well as a significant customer base in the UK.
Ziprecruiter operates a website at ww.ziprecruiter.com, through which it provides information on its various services, solutions, and activities. The Company’s website also doubles as its job search and recruitment platform, with users able to log in to its online portal through the Ziprecruiter homepage.
The Company’s provides a range of tools and resources to customers directly through its online portal, through which users can search for jobs, browse CVs, and manage account details. Ziprecruiter also provide mobile applications that are available on iOS and Android devices that offer a similar set of functions and tools.
Ziprecruiter offers support and services through dedicated sales and service teams organised by geographic regions, namely the UK and the US. These personnel operate out of the Company’s network of offices, primarily in the US. Ziprecruiter additionally operates an affiliate program through which it reaches customers. The Company’s affiliate partners seek to drive traffic to Ziprecruiter and generate business on its behalf.
Ziprecruiter operates on a primarily self-service basis through its online platform, which enable individual users and commercial users to access a range of tools and resources without interacting with members of the Company’s sales and service teams. Users are able to browse job listings, apply for jobs, search CVs, and manage account details completely independently. Ziprecruiter also has a sale and service team that is able to serve customers more personally.
Ziprecruiter offers ongoing support to its customers. Individual and commercial users are able to contact the company’s dedicated support personnel over the phone, via an online contact form, by email, or through an online chat service, through which they are provided tailored support and assistance. The Company also offers users a range of online resource, such as FAQs and guides.
Additionally, Ziprecruiter operates several social media accounts – including with Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn – through which the Company is able to publish company updates and interact directly with customers.
Ziprecruiter is a provides employment and recruitment services. The Company a range of solutions, including recruiting, hiring, job boards, job posting, web application, candidate screening, applicant tracking, and job alerts services, serving individual jobseekers and commercial recruiters.
The Company provides services primarily through its online jobs portal at www.ziprecruiter.com, through which customers can browse jobs and candidates, send applications and invites, and manage account details directly. Ziprecruiter serves an extensive customer base in the US, as well as in the UK.
Ziprecruiter works in close conjunction with a network of partner companies and organisations in the development and delivery of its services. These partners can be organised broadly into the following categories:
- Supplier and Vendor Partners, comprising suppliers of services, equipment, and technologies that are utilised in the development and implementation of the Company’s services and solutions;
- Software and Technology Partners, comprising software developers, including developers of applicant tracking systems, and technology companies that assist in the development and implementation of the Company’s various software offerings;
- Publishing and Affiliate Partners, comprising a range of online companies and websites that assist in marketing the Company’s services and solutions, driving traffic to the Ziprecruiter website in return for commissions;
- Distribution and Listing Partners, comprising various job board and job listing websites with which the Company collaborates to provide its users with access to an exhaustive list of jobs and candidates; and
- Strategic and Alliance Partners, comprising a range of companies across multiple sectors, with which the Company collaborates on arrange of projects, including in marketing, branding and development.
Ziprecruiter has launched a number of partnerships in recent years. This includes a strategic partnership with Recruiterbox, a recruiting partnership with InfinityHR, and a software partnership with Greenhouse Software.
Ziprecruiter’s key resources are its proprietary technologies and intellectual properties, its online platform and software offerings, its IT and communications infrastructure, its support channels, its partnerships, and its personnel.
Searches of records published by the US Patent and Trademark Office identified no patent applications filed in the name of Ziprecruiter, either as applicant or assignee. Ziprecruiter additionally owns and or leases a number of physical properties that comprise its office and support centre network.
Ziprecruiter incurs costs in relation to the development of its technologies and solutions, the development and maintenance of its online platform, the maintenance of its IT and communications infrastructure, the management of its partnerships, the procurement of professional services, the implementation of marketing and advertising campaigns, and the retention of its personnel.
Ziprecruiter generates revenue through the provision of various job search and recruitment services and solutions to individual jobseekers and commercial recruiters. The Company derives much of its revenue through the provision of paid services to commercial recruiters, including charging a small fee for posting job listings on its website. These Company’s premium offerings come in several pricing levels: Starter, Team, and Enterprise.
Ziprecruiter remains a privately-owned company and as such is not obliged to publish its financial results online. Research did not identify any reference to the Company’s most recent revenue figures; reports from 2014, however, suggest that the Company generates annual revenue in excess of $50 million.
info: Sigel has served as Chief Executive Officer at Ziprecruiter since co-founding the Company in 2010. He is responsible for leading the overall strategic direction of the Company. Siegel began his career in 1995 as a web producer at Warner. He held this role for less than a year before moving to Ticketmaster in 1996, where he served for just over two years as a senior product manager and development manager. In 1998 he was appointed Vice President of Web Development at Stamps.com, and in 2001 he was appointed to the same role at Rent.com. Siegel served as Vice President of Product and Technology at Pictage.com from 2006, and prior to co-founding Ziprecruiter he served as Chief Product Officer at MyLife.com.
info: Dave has served as Chief Financial Officer at Ziprecruiter since joining the Company in 2016. He is responsible for the managing the Company’s various financial functions, including its internal audit and accounting units. Travers began his career in 1999 as a strategic planning senior analyst at The Walt Disney Company. In 2002 he was named Executive Assistant to the National Security Advisor at The White House, a role he held for just a year. In 2005 he became a partner at early-stage venture capital firm Rustic Canyon Partners, a role he still holds today. Travers also serves as Managing Partner at Basepoint Ventures.
info: Jeff has served as Chief Operating Officer at Ziprecruiter since joining the Company in 2015. He takes responsibility for much of the day-to-day running of the Company. Zwelling is an experienced executive. He began his career in 1994 as a practicing intellectual property attorney at Loeb and Loeb. He left this position after a single year to join Crystal Dynamics as Head of Product Development, later serving as a producer and executive producer. Zwelling was appointed Director of Business Strategy at GeoCities in 1999, and in 2000 he was named President at Pathway Ventures. He left Pathway Ventures after five years to co-found EchoSign, where he served as President for more than a year. Zwelling went on to co-found YDesign Group and Convertro, serving in senior executive positions at both companies, before joining Ziprecruiter.
598.000+ job opportunitiesStart here!