Thanks for visiting Cleverism (formerly known as Entrepreneurial Insights). We are Anastasia, a former management consultant who loves to start companies and chocolate, and Martin, a former banker and venture capitalist who loves to help startup founders become more successful in their ventures and avoid unnecessary mistakes. Before Cleverism we have started the Finance Club which is the world’s largest network for finance professionals with currently more than 700k active members.
BASIC IDEA BEHIND CLEVERISM
In March 2014, we started Cleverism because we saw so many aspiring entrepreneurs who made the same mistakes repeatedly. The most common mistakes first-time entrepreneurs made are the following:
- Not focusing enough (“Ah, if I added this and this to my product and company, then customers would love me.”)
- Not being able to allocate capital efficiently (“I don’t care what the CLV and CAC is. Spend more money, I need more customers.”)
- Not knowing the basics of how to create value to investors (“Enterprise value? Can I eat that?”)
- Not knowing the basics of customer development (“Yes, we should build the rocket ship before we talk to customers, because we know for certain what the market needs.”)
- Not moving fast and aggressive enough (“There are no competitors out there, so we can move forward slowly.”).
With Cleverism, we want to share practical guides on topics every entrepreneur should have a good understanding of such as corporate strategy, business planning, marketing, sales, and technology. Those guides are intended to help you minimize avoidable mistakes, so you double your chances of starting and growing a successful company.
Furthermore, we love to share the experience and knowledge of leading entrepreneurs, so you can learn from the greatest entrepreneurial minds out there (for example in our first Silicon Valley Interview Tour or the Second Silicon Valley Interview Tour).
Find a job you really love and get the job
- Only leading & innovating companies ensures you get an inspiring and fulfilling job and set yourself up for a successful career
- More successful job interviews because you fully understand the business model of the company and use our interview preparation tools
- Full transparency ensures you know what it’s like working in any company. Make better informed decisions
HOW WE CAN HELP
We know how hard it is to start, fund, and grow a successful business. We learned a lot from our own mistakes and first-hand insights. We are here to help you make your startup more successful. Whether you are currently raising your series A or you want to leapfrog with your innovation ideas, we can help you with consulting.
In particular, we can help you with the following:
- Business Canvas Modelling – Coming up with key hypothesis and how to test them efficiently.
- Business idea challenging – We challenge your business idea and assumptions. Also we provide you with ideas how your business idea could work, even if this means that we need to make some minor or bigger changes in the business model or market entry.
- Investor pitching – It’s hard to raise money. Therefore, by having a great pitch you make sure you stand out. We help you clarify your investor pitch, so investors understand what makes you unique and a good investment.
- Financial modelling – If you need a rock solid financial plan that shows your income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement to investors, then we can help you build a very easy to understand and working financial model.
- Board of Directors member – As member of your startups BoD, typically series A and B, we help you optimize your business model, challenge key business assumptions, make helpful introductions to leading entrepreneurs, investors and C-level executives.