Top Companies in Burbank
Jobs in Burbank, CA
The Realm of Media and Entertainment Companies
Burbank, the “Media Capital of the World” as it is called, is a city located in Los Angeles County belonging to the Los Angeles metropolitan area.
The reason for this nickname is quite self-explanatory, the city is the home of a large number of media and entertainment companies that are housed there.
Burbank is the place where most of the Hollywood production studios are based, and some of the most popular film sets are located in this city which is just ten minutes distance from Hollywood.
This implies that the greatest chunk of the city’s economy is stimulated by the entertainment industry leading to huge employment within this sector. Tourism and hi-tech development are two other industries that add up to the job market.
The two broad district areas are divided into the flatland district and downtown/foothill area, and the city is home to about 110,000 people.
However, there are actually four neighborhoods that clearly differentiate the city.
Media District, where most of the media companies are located, and Magnolia Park, one of the busiest districts crowded with boutiques, antiques, eateries, and bars.
Spanning along San Fernando Blvd, in the heart of the city, you’ll find the crowded Downtown District. It is an impressive area packed with over 400 shops, theaters, art galleries, restaurants, and clubs.
The Airport District is home to Bob Home Airport, located in close proximity to Hollywood. This was the location where the most technologically advanced airplanes were produced during the Cold War.
In addition to being an entertainment hub, Burbank is a city that provides small-town feel and it is a good place to raise a family. The schools are extremely highly rated and very competitive.
Plus, it is generally deemed a place where you can enjoy a relaxed lifestyle.
Tourist Attractions in Burbank
There’s a lot to see in Burbank, the following being the most recommended:
- Warner Bros Studio: Peeking into “behind the scenes” is one of the most thrilling experiences for many film fans, so the tour of some of the most popular film sets and being there will long remain in your memories.
- AMC Burbank 16: The impressive looks of this theatre is going to attract your attention before you enter inside. The seats are neatly organized, the sound quality is impeccable and they serve a variety of food and drinks.
- Iconic Vintage: the place includes cool little shops, comic shops, antique shops, and a small museum.
- Debell Golf Club and the Hilltop Restaurant and Bar: Set in the hills above Burbank, this 18-hole golf course is one of the most recommended among golfers. Plus, the restaurant and the bar provide a magnificent scenery of the hills and the city.
- Wildwood Canyon Park: Many outdoor enthusiasts love hiking up the radio tower to enjoy the gorgeous view of Burbank and Downtown Los Angeles.
Pros and Cons of Living in Burbank
- It is in immediate proximity to Hollywood and Los Angeles, with a small-town feel, and laid-back atmosphere.
- Most of the Hollywood film production and sets are located in Burbank.
- It is a safe place to raise a family with excellent outdoor and recreational venues and highly rated schools.
- The job market offers unlimited access to a variety of jobs.
- The high standard of living has made Burbank an expensive place to live.
- Housing prices are very expensive.
- The Downtown district is often overcrowded and very noisy.
- The traffic is one of the leading problems the city is facing.