Jobs in Collierville, Tennessee, United States
Collierville is a town located in Shelby County in the US State of Tennessee. The town has a population of around 44,000 people.
The town is a suburb of the city of Memphis, and is officially located within the Memphis Metropolitan Area.
Homes & Retails
Collierville is a desirable suburban town of on the outskirts of Memphis. 85% of homes are owned and the average rent for the remaining 15% of properties is $1,116, which is almost $200 above the national average.
The city is home to numerous shopping centers and malls, chief amongst them the 800,000 square feet Avenue at Carriage Crossing. It also has a historic square as the center of the downtown-shopping district boasting a number of shops and restaurants. It was voted Best Main Street in America in 2014 by Parade magazine.
There are a number of annual summer concerts and classical music festivals and a well attended farmers market. The local school district is well funded and there are excellent rated schools across all the student age ranges.
This is an affluent and popular town, the main drawbacks being very high cost of living including rent and property prices well in excess of national averages.
· Median Age: 39.2
· Median Household Income: $110.084
· Median Property Value: $272,800
· Poverty Rate: 3.97%
· Cost of Living: 18% higher than state average, 7% higher than national average
· Unemployment Rate: 2.4%
· Crime Rate: 42% higher than national average
Local Service Industry
As is typical with a town or city that is very much a suburb of a local, bigger economy – in this case Memphis – many jobs in Collierville are connected to the local economy.
With two large-scale medical facilities in town caring for the residents, 12% of the total jobs market is in healthcare, with 10% in education and 4% in public administration.
Manufacturing, at 9%, is also a strong sector, and there are quite a few industrial sites within the town – Pepsi, for example, have a factory here.
Retail, in both the historic downtown and also the several large scale malls, is of course a big employer too, with 10% of all job in this sector, along with 5% of jobs in food service.
So, whilst many residents will be commuting to Memphis for the more diverse jobs market, the local jobs market is also pretty strong, with year on year growth currently at just under 4%.
1.718.000+ job opportunitiesStart here!