Top Companies in Fishers
- Planet Fitness (55)
- McDonald's (20)
- Robert Half (17)
- Wendy's (16)
- CyberCoders (16)
- Starbucks (10)
- U.S. Xpress Enterprises, Inc. (10)
- Lynx Incorporated (10)
- James Marketing Consultants ~ Indianapolis (9)
- Allstate Insurance (9)
- Caliber Collision (7)
- Contemporary Staffing Solutions (7)
- KO Recruiting (7)
- BCforward (7)
- AmeriWound, LLC (7)
Jobs in Fishers, IN
Fishers is one of the fastest growing cities of Indiana. The city has a population of over 85,000 people and is equipped with economical residential facilities, excellent healthcare, utilities, transportation and a budding business sector.
Fishers has a vibrant folk of families and young professionals. The city boasts of 60 sports fields, 100 miles of green trails, more than 24 parks and has been named ‘Playful City’ for its child-friendly approach to living.
The Fishers economy is booming bringing in many jobs. The hospitality, retail and commercial sectors are flourishing alongside entrepreneurship and new businesses. Launch Fishers is an entrepreneurial incubator and co-working space in the city that has launched over 100 companies in the area and aims at promoting entrepreneurship across Indiana.
Another reason to consider Fishers is IKEA! Fishers is the only suburban city with an IKEA store in Indiana.
The Pros and Cons of Living and Working in Fishers
- Safety ranks high in Fishers. With an exceptionally low crime rate, people are often comfortable going to bed with their doors unlocked. The community is trustworthy, friendly and help is only a doorstep away.
- The job market is promising with opportunities opening up in every sector. Fishers has witnessed a rise in the employment rate of 1.14% since 2017. The city nurtures innovators who would like to start a fresh business or build on ideas to innovate and explore.
- Fishers is a family and child friendly city. The Fishers Parks and Recreation department takes care to ensure the city facilitates a happy and outdoorsy upbringing by providing many public spaces for recreation. The quality of education is high with a good number of highly rated schools in the city.
- The cost of living is low and affordable hence the city is flocking with many young residents who are able to afford a decent standard of living.
- Fishers’ art and civic center is the Nickel Plate neighborhood. The area is home to the Nickel Plate District Amphitheater, which features free year-round summer concert series and movies, as well as a variety of festivals and community events like Independence Day Fishers Freedom Festival, Autumn Boo Bash, and Winter Frost Fest.
- Being a suburban city, life in Fishers is often easy going and slow. The community forms a big part of the living and culture here. It is homely and cosy for those who enjoy close-knit community relationships and quiet neighborhoods.
- The weather is temperamental in the Midwest and often takes a while to get adjusted to.
- The city rises early and ends early. Once you’ve expended everything you can do, there is not a lot to look forward to. The nightlife is barely existent and there are not many provisions of malls in the area.
Fun Things to Do in Fishers
Here is a list of popular attractions and places to visit in the city:
- Conner Prairie is an interesting museum that offers a distinctive outdoor, historically-themed experience and special indoor learning spaces combining history and art with science, technology, engineering and math to provide a genuine glimpse into the history and society of today.
- Fishers Farmers Market has been voted as the third Best Farmers Market in Indiana. The markets brings together a variety of local products that have been carefully hand-picked. The market is the complete package for a fun weekend with family and friends. You can enjoy music, entertainment, food, cooking demonstrations while shopping!
- Nickel Plate District is a designated cultural district in downtown Fishers. It is one of Indiana’s most famous outdoor venues that hosts a variety of events such as concerts, festivals, markets and more.
- Flat Fork Creek Park is a brand new park in Fishers’ with winding roads, ponds, treehouses and hills. It’s never too late to launch your fitness routine and what better than to have nature keep you company while you’re at it!