Jobs in Germantown, Tennessee, United States
Germantown is a city located in the US State of Tennessee. The city is located in Shelby County and it boasts a population of some 38,800 inhabitants.
The city lies on the Southeast border of the city of Memphis, and is considered a suburb of the larger city.
Germantown is a popular, highly residential suburb. Homeownership stands at 86%, with the remaining 14% of property available for rent. The average rent is $1,345 per month, well above the national average.
The city is particularly well suited for families. The city boasts a superb local education system, with many schools rated as excellent across all age ranges.
This is also an exceptionally green city, with around 27 parks and open spaces maintained by the city government for municipal use. Between them they provide almost 800 acres of parkland.
The city has a modern and well-stocked library, a performing arts center including 800-seat theatre space, an athletics club that includes an 118,000 square foot athletic complex and 2 outdoor pools.
Shopping & commerce are plentiful, and run the full range of stores from boutique style and family restaurants in the historic Old Town to large scale contemporary shopping in the sprawling Exeter Village shopping mall.
It is a safe city, with the lowest crime rate for a city of its size in the state. The police and fire departments maintain average response times of less than five minutes, remarkable for a city of this size.
· Median Age: 45.1
· Median Household Income: $109,464
· Median Property Value: $288,500
· Poverty Rate: 4.59%
· Cost of Living: 23% higher than state average, 11% higher than national average
· Unemployment Rate: 2.4%
· Crime Rate: 51% lower than national average
No Heavy Industry
Germantown is very much commuter country – many residents are employed in Memphis and commute daily.
The local economy has no heavy industry to speak off, and is instead dominated by the retail and service industries.
Local services such as health and retail dominate the jobs scene. Healthcare and social assistance, at 17%, is the largest employing industry, followed by Retail at 11%.
There is a strong white-collar jobs market in town, with fully 10% of jobs being provided by finance.
Management level positions make up 17% of the workforce, with 16% in sales role and 10% in administrative positions.
1.673.000+ job opportunitiesStart here!