Most popular jobs in Irvine
Top Companies in Irvine
Jobs in Irvine, CA
The Most Livable Master-Planned City
It is almost incredible how the master-planned city of Irvine has prospered to such an extent in just a half a century time.
Irvine, located halfway from Los Angeles and San Diego, in the heart of Orange County, has been repeatedly named one of the five best cities in America to live, the best-run city, one of the happiest cities on a national level, and the FBI have named it the safest city in America with over 100,000 inhabitants.
Designed to stand as an economic powerhouse and urban example for an outstanding way of life, Irvine has grown to be a leading business hub situating over 100 global corporations. It boasts the fastest-growing job market, and it has been rated as one of the best cities for start-ups.
The headquarters of some of the most prominent corporations have been located in Irvine, most of them within the technology and semiconductor fields.
However, the greatest employer is the University of California, Irvine, accompanied by several other universities, making the city an uprising educational center.
Distinctive Neighborhoods and Cultural Variety
Perfectly planned and constructed, Irvine is one of the few cities where nature, culture, community, and business are in harmony.
The city has been divided into townships that are commonly referred to as ‘villages’ and each of them has a specific and distinctive architectural theme with its own amenities and institutions of interest.
This mindfulness of the city’s architecture is seen in the clear division between the residential area and the two commercial districts, the Irvine Business Complex to the west and Irvine Spectrum, located in the southeastern part of the city which offers multiple shopping and entertainment vendors.
Nothing less can be said about the cultural aspects that Irvine is offering. The community is highly multicultural and that is reflected in the artistic work that you can find there, the exquisite dining variety and the specific crafts you are likely to find there.
Tourist Attractions in Irvine
- Orange County Great Park: If you are looking for a place to spend the day outdoors and get the most of it, then enjoy the nature, the ponds, palm gardens, Historic hangar, carousel, and complete it with the most popular Orange balloon ride.
- Five Point Amphitheater: Concerts, plays, spectacles, all of them take place in this outdoor venue which is well organized and which offers a good view even from the most remote seats.
- Pretend City Children’s Museum: It is a unique place that provides a hands-on learning experience for children that fosters their intellectual capacity through 17 interactive activities and exhibits.
- Giant Wheel at Irvine Spectrum Center: One of the most spectacular places within the Spectrum Center is the Giant Wheel with the all-LED interface that projects 16 million color schemes and which offers an impressive view no matter whether you are on the top or below.
Pros and Cons of Living in Irvine
- It is deemed as a perfect meeting destination, located in near proximity to a variety of airports, highways, corporate and business centers.
- It features some of the best-known parks, outdoor recreation, sports facilities, shopping and meeting venues in the State.
- Leading business and scientific center with a multitude of business opportunities.
- It is a cultural and educational hub with the highest-ranked schools.
- It is family-oriented and one of the safest places to live in the States.
- Housing prices and rents are expensive and unaffordable.
- If you have an averagely paying job then you might be struggling financially.