Most popular jobs in Los Angeles
Top Companies in Los Angeles
- AppleOne (1,737)
- CyberCoders (1,090)
- Robert Half (731)
- OneStaff Medical (505)
- Starbucks (366)
- UCLA Health (268)
- Volunteers of America (261)
- Netflix (143)
- Staffigo Technical Services (135)
- Rosewood Consolidated (126)
- Burns Environmental Services (120)
- Riot Games (117)
- RNnetwork (113)
- Viacom (111)
- Kaiser Permanente (110)
Jobs in Los Angeles
Los Angeles has a population of 18 million and is the second-largest city in the United States next to New York. LA is one of the most culturally diverse cities being home to Latinos, Asians, African Americans, Native Americans, pacific islanders, whites and mixed races.
The city covers an area of 500 square miles and is the center of America's entertainment industry. LA is a world leader in film making, video games, and music recording.
Los Angeles has warm weather with year-round sunshine and miles of coastline. With the Pacific Ocean on one side and the Sierra Nevada mountain range on the other, the climate is pleasant with an average of 147 clear days in a year.
The cost of living in LA is high with the average housing costs for a medium apartment being between $2000 and $2500 monthly.
Los Angeles is a center for education, business, international trade, entertainment, culture, and technology.
Pros and Cons of Living in Los Angeles
- LA is warm and has a pleasant climate throughout the year. This is so even during winter where the average temperatures are around 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
- There are plenty of job opportunities in LA. Regardless of your chosen field, there are vacancies in every industry. There is also plenty of infrastructural support for people who want to work in the gig economy such as freelancers and entrepreneurs.
- Living in LA is much cheaper than in New York and you can get a house with more space for the money compared to housing in New York.
- You have access to the public transportation system which allows you to commute anywhere between Pasadena and Hollywood. There is also the LAX airport which connects LA to many destinations across the world.
- The beaches are warm with little breeze unlike those found in the pacific northwest making them a great place t spend the weekend.
- According to a study done by INRIX, traffic in Los Angeles is the worst in the world and the average person spends over 100 hours each year stuck in traffic.
- Over 4 million people are living in an area of 500 square miles of the city and the neighborhoods are spread far apart.
- The housing costs in LA are still significantly high. According to statistics, the cost of living in LA is 50% higher than the national average.
- There is the cost of relocation which comes with a change of lifestyle. Before you can fully settle in you may need to work an extra job.
- The crime rate in LA varies between regions, the southern apart of the city is more dangerous while the northern parts are safer.
Major Attractions in Los Angeles
- Universal Studios Hollywood: It is both a theme park and a fil studio with plenty to see and do.
- Hollywood sign: The Hollywood sign is a cultural icon and landmark that is famous the world over. It is located in mount Lee and is worth a visit.
- Griffith Observatory: This facility located in the south slope of mount Hollywood offers a huge array of science and space displays.
- Hollywood Walk of Fame: It comprises of 3 blocks of vine street and 15 blocks of Hollywood boulevard sidewalks embedded with 2600 brass and terrazzo stars.
- Santa Monica Pier: For those who want to combine history with a bit of fishing, the Santa Monica pier is over a century old and a great place to catch mackerel, perch, and stingrays.