Most popular jobs in Modesto
Top Companies in Modesto
- OneStaff Medical (473)
- Sutter Health (155)
- Tenet Healthcare (94)
- Starbucks (44)
- Incredible Health (29)
- CompHealth (23)
- Encompass Health (19)
- Integrity Healthcare (19)
- RNnetwork (15)
- Crystal Creamery (14)
- Anders Group (14)
- Tenet Healthcare Corporation (13)
- ADEX Medical Staffing (13)
- American Mobile Healthcare (13)
- Bristol Hospice LLC (12)
Jobs in Modesto, CA
Neatly Organized and Well-Maintained City
The unassuming and modest city of Modesto is the county seat of Stanislaus County, California, and the largest one with about 205,000 inhabitants.
Surrounded by fertile and rich farmland in the Central Valley, agriculture has always been one of the leading industries that have been driving the city’s economy.
Plus, the city has been designated as Tree City multiple times as it is rich in parks and green areas. You can even go rafting on the Stanislaus River as the city’s waterfront is fairly abundant.
The city itself is fairly large, but it has a neat structure that separates the busy and bustling downtown area from the residential neighborhoods.
The city prides itself on being the home of the filmmaker George Lucas, and an event called Graffiti Summer honors his importance.
Finding a Job Won’t Be a Problem
Modesto is also the home of the largest, privately-owned winery called Gallo Family Winery which produces a record number of bottled wine and which employs thousands of people.
Another huge employer is the city itself, so you’ll find many people who work in the administrative and accounting sectors. Healthcare and light industry also have their share when it comes to employment perspectives of the city as well.
Plus, there are many sports facilities, such as golf courses, tennis courts, and carting trails. Schools and higher education institutions are highly rated as well, so living in Modesto is recommended.
Tourist attractions in Modesto
In addition to natural beauty, the city is also popular for its museums, galleries and cultural scene.
- The Gallo Center for the Arts: It is considered the principal cultural hub in the city with thousands of performances throughout the year. It includes the Mary Stuart Rogers Theater and the Foster Family Theater.
- McHenry Mansion: It is the only remaining Victorian home that stands as a witness of the distant past.
- Virginia Corridor Trailway: Passing through historical landmarks such as the old Tidewater Southern Railway Line, this trail stretches for 4.2 miles along which you’ll find many shaded areas and picnic spots.
- Modesto Arch: This iconic landmark of the city dates back from 1921 and since then it has been welcoming visitors. The inscription on it is the city motto that states: Water. Wealth. Contentment. Health. At night it is much more impressive as it is lit up with outstanding 696 light bulbs.
- Modesto Certified Farmer’s Market: For three decades local vendors sell homemade goods, fruits, and vegetables. The city takes the credit of being among the pioneers for initiating Farm-To-Table movement which has been now globally widespread.
Pros and Cons of Living in Modesto
- The city is safe, well-organized and it promotes many cultural and entertainment activities.
- The vibrant Downtown area houses many shopping centers, local vendors, restaurants, and bars.
- It is one of the principal agricultural centers, surrounded by farmland, mountains, rich waterfront, and impressive scenery.
- It is an administrative and legislative center and one of the fastest-growing in the city.
- The city is fairly affordable allowing many families and companies to invest in the city.
- Small city mentality and rather conservative community.
- The weather is too hot in summer and can be too foggy and cold in winter.
- The city is struggling with homelessness and drugs as key problems.
- The emphasized car culture has led to increased traffic problems.