Most popular jobs in Mountain View
Top Companies in Mountain View
Jobs in Mountain View, CA
The Cradle of Hi-Tech Companies
Even though not as sizeable as its neighboring cities and not too crowded, with only about 75,000 inhabitants, Mountain View ranks highly on the lists that indicate livability and workability ratings.
Located in Santa Clara County, in Silicon Valley, the city is considered tech-professionals heaven, and it is one of the best places to raise a family in the United States.
As it is the hotspot of manufacturing semiconducting devices, and the birthplace of what it is known to be the now the Silicon Valley, Mountain View headquarters some of the most renowned and largest high-tech companies.
Much of the city’s dynamic has been influenced by the business climate that is strongly emphasized. It is a science and innovation hub influencing the social and entertainment happenings in the city.
This status has also impacted the quality of education in Mountain View, which is top-notch and very highly rated.
A Little Bit of Something for Everyone
What inhabitants find appealing in Mountain View is the distinctive division between residential neighborhoods and the business parks that are mostly located in the North Shoreline neighborhood.
In addition to being business heaven, Mountain View offers multiple perspectives for outdoor fun and recreation. The Santa Cruz Mountains that lie on the west, upon which the city was named, are not only magnificent to look at, but they open a world of possibilities for nature lovers.
The Shoreline Park from San Francisco Bay is one of the most enjoyable recreational places too, while the downtown area is packed with some of the most culturally versatile restaurants, bars, entertainment centers, theaters, and shopping centers.
Tourist Attractions in Mountain View
- Google Android Lawn Statues: Located near Google headquarters, the Android statue garden is an excellent opportunity to take a look at statues that commemorate each upgrade and have a nice photo shooting session. It is also recommended to visit Google Merchandise Store which located nearby.
- Moffett Field Historical Society Museum: This is an active military base with a museum that traces back military-related stuff spanning from WW1 to present days. Visitors have access to various planes, weapons, equipment, uniforms, and everything that has been used during combats.
- Shoreline Amphitheatre: For most of the visitors, this place offers much more that one could expect. The lighting effects, the food & drink vendors, the spacious area, all this contributes to feeling amazing while attending a concert or a show.
- Bay Trail: The endless paved trail unveils beautiful scenery as you ride/run along making your working out time much more interesting and pleasant.
Pros and Cons of Living in Mountain View
- It is considered one of the best places to raise a family.
- Wonderful weather all-year-round, safe, and well-maintained.
- Anyone searching for a job in the IT and high-tech sectors has good perspectives on finding one.
- Excellent schools, growing cultural and entertainment scene.
- Living there means you’ll enjoy walks on nearby beaches, hiking, picnic, sunset views.
- As Google headquarters are located in the city, the downtown area enjoys free Wi-Fi.
- The traffic on avenues is frequently congested.
- Housing prices are extremely expensive.
- The high standard of living imposes high prices on almost everything, from goods to amenities and services.