Most popular jobs in Oxnard
Top Companies in Oxnard
- AppleOne (283)
- CyberCoders (25)
- Oakmont Senior Living (21)
- Robert Half (19)
- Starbucks (16)
- Gold's Gym (14)
- 24-Hour Medical Staffing Services (12)
- Partners Personnel (12)
- RNnetwork (10)
- Maxim Healthcare Services (9)
- PeopleReady (9)
- Select Staffing (8)
- American Mobile Healthcare (8)
- Ursus (8)
- Walker Medical Solutions (8)
Jobs in Oxnard, CA
Where Ocean Waves and Sandy Beaches Meet the Strawberry Fields
The beautiful coastal city of Oxnard is often referred to as a hidden gem on California’s South Coast, tucked between Santa Barbara and Los Angeles. It is the most populous city in Ventura County with about 208,000 people.
Once you are in Oxnard, you’ll realize that strawberries and lima beans are highly featured.
The city is the agricultural center for these fruits, and the annual California Strawberry Festival is hosted here marking it as the city of strawberries.
Yet, the real hallmarks of the city are the 7-mile long sandy beaches, the beautiful islands, and the picturesque harbor through which you can reach Channel Islands National Park.
The place is a popular whale-watching and surfing spot where you can relax and enjoy the waves.
The City of Job Diversity and Urban Vibe
However, its beauty is not fixed on its waterfronts and beaches, Oxnard has a very lively downtown district that offers an array of places to visit and things to do.
Downtown Oxnard has its well-preserved historical zone which poses as a striking contrast to the modern part of the city filled with glam and luxury.
It doesn’t come as a surprise though that the city’s main revenue source is tourism and service industries.
There is a large number of niche shops, hotels, waterpark resorts, and shopping malls. The fertile land surrounding the city has made Oxnard one of the most productive agricultural cities as well.
There are two sizable active oil fields, it represents a large manufacturing center, a city of international trade, and defense.
The diverse business activity comes as a result of the fact that Oxnard represents a transportation hub in this part of California. The city features Amtrak, Metrolink, Greyhound, Union Pacific, and it even has its own regional airport called Oxnard Airport.
Tourist Attractions in Oxnard
- Carnegie Art Museum: This is one of the most impressive museums that showcase Californian artwork from many prominent artists from the region and wider. The building itself is outstanding too and visitors can enjoy different activities throughout the day.
- Channel Islands Harbor: Even though the harbor is the gateway to take you to the Channel Islands, it is a fun place to visit as it has sandy parks, swimming areas, bars and restaurants, and biking and hiking paths.
- Silver Strand Beach: The mile-long beach is deemed to be the best surfing beach with all the amenities to provide an enjoyable stay. From the platform, you can see a variety of marine life such as dolphins, seals, and fish.
- Mullin Automotive Museum: the museum is a real thrill for car enthusiasts who find pleasure in classic cars that date back to the beginning of the 20th century.
- Heritage Square: Located in downtown Oxnard, the restored historic buildings show the glamour of the past days with guides dressed in clothes from those days.
Pros and Cons of Living in Oxnard
- It is a well-kept tourist resort without the bustle and overcrowdedness of the big cities.
- The sandy beaches, small islands, parks, and recreational centers make the city a wonderful place to live or visit.
- With some historical places, festivals, and parades, it a cultural center in Southern California.
- Oxnard is a blend of cultures, traditions and friendly communities.
- Its rich job market has attracted many people to relocate or start a family there.
- Real estate prices have skyrocketed during the recent year.
- The quick expansion of the city has altered the city’s look and many residents don’t find it authentic with its look.
- Even though the city has been rated among the safest cities in California, the recent gang activity has been a reason for concern.