Most popular jobs in Sacramento
Top Companies in Sacramento
- OneStaff Medical (499)
- Sutter Health (235)
- AppleOne (129)
- Robert Half (125)
- CyberCoders (109)
- Starbucks (102)
- Staffigo Technical Services (66)
- Siemens (62)
- APN Software Services Inc (45)
- The Monteith Group (40)
- Brinker International (38)
- St. HOPE (31)
- Military Inclusion (27)
- MRINetwork (26)
- AutoZone (24)
Jobs in Sacramento, CA
City of Diversity
The capital of the state of California, Sacramento, is one of the three most diverse cities in the United States, and it has been a recommended place to work and live for young professionals.
This versatility can be found everywhere, from the unique and strikingly different neighborhoods to the exquisite food choice and the outstanding breweries with a variety of choices.
The city is the administrative, political and legislative center, and many consider it to be a think tank and lobbying hub.
With a population of 501,334, it is the fifth-largest city in California, which translates into a city of multiple job possibilities.
Work, Study and Have Fun
In addition to being the major financial and political center in California, Sacramento is also considered to be one of the greatest educational and healthcare hubs, as it is the home of the University of California, Davis, California State University, UC Davis Medical Center and the School of Medicine.
And, not only is it the city of the youth with multiple possibilities, but it is the city of ever-evolving culture, earning the title the most “hipster” city in California.
Anyone living and working in Sacramento is absolutely positive that it is the place that guarantees varieties matching the ones of the greatest world’s capitals.
Divided into four large neighborhoods, popular under the name of Area One to Four, you’ll find that all smaller neighborhoods within the neighborhood, are as unique and versatile, as some of the most prominent tourist attractions.
There are about 509,000 living there of multiple racial and ethnic origin boasting high integration and heterogeneity.
Tourist Attractions in Sacramento
From historic buildings and a variety of museums to excellent dining places and malls, Sacramento has a lot in store.
- State Capitol: Endorsed with colorful gardens that spread over several blocks and the Vietnam War Memorial located in Capitol Park, it is one of the most beautiful Capitol buildings in the States with a few rooms that function as a Capitol Museum.
- Old Sacramento: the old commercial district located along the Sacramento River has been designated as a National Historic Landmark. With over 50 historic buildings, theatres, museums, bars, and restaurants, it is a place where you can meet the past, and take a jaunt in a railroad ride, a riverboat excursion or a horse-drawn carriage.
- California Automobile Museum: The heaven on Earth for all automobile lovers who are are seeking some thrill in tracing the history of the automobile industry. You’ll find cars dating back to 1885 and exclusive Ford car from 1904 onwards.
- Fairytale Town: a magical place for families, particularly kids as it is a storybook theme park based on 25 playsets.
- Midtown: Located right at the heart of the city, Midtown is a vibrant area that is popular among tourists with Sutter’s Fort State Historic Park and the Midtown Farmers Market. This is the place that is packed with cultural events, theaters, exhibitions, shopping malls, dining places, and bars.
- California State Indian Museum: If you have ever felt intrigued and wanted to know more about the indigenous people who lived on the grounds of present California, this museum will have all your questions answered as it offers exhibits divided into three specific themes: Nature, Spirit, and Family.
Pros and Cons of Living in Sacramento
- One of the most diverse cities with plenty of distinctive neighborhoods.
- It is a fairly affordable place with a lower cost of living compared to other cities in California.
- The city is in proximity to rivers, lakes, and mountains.
- The robust job market ranks sixth in the country which means those looking for a job are most likely to find it in Sacramento.
- Crime is one of the greatest problems that the city is facing.
- The summers are very hot.
- Renting an apartment is more expensive compared to the national average.
- The traffic has been a growing issue.