Where shall we send you the NEWEST JOBS?
Please check your email and confirm your email, so we can send you relevant jobs
shift supervisor - Store# 09611, 1140 WALLACE RD
Retail Store Manager - Salem
Business Unit: Military Experience Welcomed!Benefits for new hires start on Day 1.Job Summary:Responsible for delivering a best in class experience for customers and their store team. Manages all phases of the customer ...follow
Driver - CDL (B)
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste disposal. Through our subsidiaries, Republic's collection operations, transfer stations, recycling processing centers, landfills ...follow
Cloud Platform Sales Rep - Retail Enterprise
Cloud Platform Sales Rep - Retail EnterpriseDetailed Description and Job RequirementsSells a subset of product or services directly or via partners to a large number of named accounts/non-named accounts/geographical ...follow
FT - Merchandising Service Associate - Night
Job Description:What You Will DoAll Lowe's associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As a Merchandising Service ...follow
shift supervisor - Store# 00411, COURT ST SALEM
Outside Sales Representative
At Fivestars, our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. Over 40 million people use Fivestars to get rewarded at more than 13,000 local businesses with one ...follow
Child Autism Therapist
Job DescriptionThis is a part-time position*CSD's vision is to deliver the best and most personalized, innovative solutions possible for each individual and caregiver affected by autism or other disabilities and ...follow
Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license. This position is responsible for assisting the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager with the execution of operational, sales, ...follow
Technology Sales Representative - Enterprise/Named Accounts
Technology Sales Representative - Enterprise/Named AccountsDetailed Description and Job RequirementsSells a subset of product or services directly or via partners to a large number of named accounts/non-named ...follow
barista - Store# 47197, 205 CHURCH ST - SALEM
Sales Associate - Keizer 8609
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our ...follow
shift supervisor - Store# 00429, Commercial St & Liberty Rd
B2B Sales with Community Focus
CDL Truck Driver
Roehl Offers Pay Accelerators & Assures Drivers Start StrongOn this fleet, truck driving pros are making between $60,000 \- $78,000\.In our over the road Flatbed Fleet, you'll haul unique freight mostly east of ...follow
Health and Wellness Associate
Job Description SUMMARY As a Health & Wellness Associate, your role is to increase customer satisfaction, loyalty and utilization of pharmacy and clinical services by effectively promoting and selling services ...follow
B2B Sales with Community Focus
Credit Review Specialist 2
Conducts credit analyses including gathering, analyzing and interpreting all types of credit information on existing and prospective customers and portfolios. Inputs the data gathered into tracking and/or reporting ...follow
Editorial Design/Instructional Design
Job DescriptionThe designer will primarily be responsible for executing graphic needs with supervision from the team Graphic Designer on a series of active projects and branding needs. It is imperative that the designer ...follow
barista - Store# 09611, 1140 WALLACE RD
Most popular jobs in Salem
Top Companies in Salem
- Staffigo Technical Services (78)
- Vision Group Holdings (56)
- OneStaff Medical (46)
- Ana-Data (32)
- Jet Industries, Inc. (27)
- ALTEN Calsoft Labs (26)
- Talent Software Services (25)
- Therapeutic Resources (22)
- Opti Staffing Group (20)
- Spot On Recruiting, Inc. (19)
- Starbucks (18)
- RICEFWTECH INC (18)
- Galt Foundation (17)
- Robert Half (16)
- DatamanUSA, LLC (13)
Jobs in Salem, Oregon
Salem is the second-largest city in the state of Oregon with a population of 169,798 in 2017.
The sleepy city of Salem is deep-seated in verdant flora while being in close proximity to the urban facilities of Portland.
As the state capital, the Cherry City has a huge number of government offices situated in historic architectural infrastructures. Willamette University, the oldest university in the West, is also located in Salem.
Things to do in Salem, Oregon
The city has numerous well-kept park systems with 46 parks, and total of 1,874 acres and 29.53 miles of trails.
Nicknamed as The Cherry City of Oregon, the blossoming cherry trees in springtime are one of the sights not to miss.
Tourist attractions also include the historic Elsinore Theatre and the glorious white marble of the Capitol building. One of the anticipated events in the area is the Oregon State Fair in North Salem.
The fair starts around August until Labor Day featuring concerts, carnivals, exhibits, and rodeos.
Pros and Cons of Living in Salem, Oregon
Below are essential factors to be considered if you find the idea of moving to Oregon appealing.
- Mixed white-collar and blue-collar industry. Being the state capital, the State of Oregon government is the area’s leading public employer providing 30,000 jobs to locals. As for the private sector, Salem Hospital Regional Health Services is the main employment provider. Farming, agriculture, and food processing are also top economic contributors. This includes the potato chips brand Kettle Foods, Inc., as well as NORPAC Foods, Inc. and Oregon Fruit Products, Inc.
- Attainable cost of housing. Salem’s housing price is relatively lower compared to Portland for both potential buyers and renters alike. According to the computation of bestplaces.net, the median home cost in 48% pricier in Portland compared to Salem.
- Accessible wineries and vineyards. Residents can conveniently drive to the Willamette Valley area for gastronomic escapades matched with stunning valley sights. Honeywood winery, the oldest winery in the state, is also located in Salem.
- Minimal snowfall metrics. The rate of hassles and dangers of snow is low as Salem barely experience snow fall, averaging to only 4 inches of snow per year. The national average is 28 inches of snow per year. Winters in Salem generally receives heavy rainfalls instead.
- More days indoors. Although the city experience four seasons, the Salem gets more precipitation than the national average and only gets an estimate of 154 sunny days per year. Thick overcast of clouds and low volumes of sunlight cause seasonal affective disorder to Oregonian residents.
- Limited mass transportation. The utilization of public transport is 2%, which is below the national average. District has a local bus transit system cherriots. Although the service is reliably on the dot on weekdays, buses are non-operational on weekends. This is 89% of residents are dependent to driving their own cars. Residents also have to drive out of the city or take a shuttle service if they need to go to a major airport.
- Inadequate pedal-friendly pathways. Oregon has a reputation for having generally ample bicycle lanes. Unlike Portland, Salem’s paved lanes for biking are limited to major districts and just flat lands. Biking in hilly areas like the southern part of town is quite an inconvenience.
- Unfavorable crime level. According to the date of Neighborhood Scout, the crime rate ratio in Salem is 46 per one thousand residents. A person’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime is one in 22. With the figures aforementioned, the area is deemed to have one of the highest crime rates in America.