Most popular jobs in Santa Barbara
Top Companies in Santa Barbara
Jobs in Santa Barbara, CA
Prominent and Glamorous American Riviera
Promoted as the “American Riviera”, the city of Santa Barbara is one of the most charming coastal cities in California with its specific architecture, islands, and whales spouting on the horizon.
The city is not only the second-most populous city in Santa Barbara County with about 92,000 people, but it is one of the fastest-growing as well.
Santa Barbara is not just any tourist resort, it is the place that has attracted many celebrities and influencers, and that comes with a reason.
The popular sandy stretches of the city, the accessibility, the Spanish-style architecture, and superb wine make up for the city’s attractiveness and popularity.
And, we can’t just proceed without mentioning the coastal enclave Montecito which has been the core of luxury and posh style.
The glamour of Santa Barbara is seen in the busy downtown area as well as the impressive palm-lined waterfront.
The outstanding, energy-filled Funk Zone neighborhood is the place for fine dining and clubbing, while the streets are lined with outstanding boutiques, wine tasting rooms, and upscale restaurants.
All that accentuated with the rolling Santa Ynez Mountains with the beautiful vineyards on the foot.
A City of Job Diversity, Education and Culture
But, Santa Barbara is not just a tourist attraction. The city lives up the reputation of the city of education and culture.
The University of California, Santa Barbara, Westmont College, Santa Barbara City College are just a few of the institutions that provide higher education located in the city with a very high ranking. Plus, the city is endorsed with one-of-a-kind museums, cultural spots, and parades.
Santa Barbara has its own airport, jet charter aircraft, train service, and good interstate traffic has ensured flawless business activity that has boosted the economic activity in the city.
Hand in hand with tourism there is a large service sector that moves the economy of the city, then health care, technology, manufacturing, banking, and finance.
Tourist Attractions in Santa Barbara
- Mission Santa Barbara: This beautiful 18th-century Christian church with its magnificent architecture has been one of the prime landmarks with beautiful grounds and impressive interior.
- Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History: Many agree that this is one of the most astonishing museums with a completely different approach towards learning. They allow children to research and investigate on their own terms, explore the area and enjoy the natural world and the planetarium.
- Stearns Wharf: The wooden pier is one of the most authentic piers wit an aquarium and multiple shops around, offering visitors to enjoy the area.
- Chaucer’s Bookstore: Nothing less can be expected from a bookstore that has the name of the greatest poets and writers in English literature. It offers an impressive collection of books of different kinds placed on shelves that spread from floor to ceiling.
- MOXI, The Wolf Museum of Exploration and Innovation: This science and technology museum offers impressive hands-on exhibits grouped into various themes such as Fantastic Forces, Interactive Media, the Sky, Garden, Speed, and Light.
Pros and Cons Of Living in Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara is one of the poshest and the most glamorous seaside resorts to live in.
- There are multiple places of entertainment, festivals, and parades all year round.
- The city is an educational hub situating highly rated schools and higher education institutions.
- It is considered one of the best places to raise a family.
- Nestled between the ocean and the mountains, the pristine nature is appealing and relaxing.
- Some of the residents think that the problem with drugs is a big concern for the city.
- The city is very expensive and even completely unaffordable for middle-class citizens.
- The housing prices are extremely priced.
- Homelessness is another issue in the city.