Most popular jobs in Santa Clara
Top Companies in Santa Clara
Jobs in Santa Clara, CA
The Heart of Silicon Valley
Located in the center of Silicon Valley, Santa Clara is a place that offers a prosperous and impressive job market. Similar to its surrounding cities such as San Jose and Sunnyvale, Santa Clara is considered an upscale city that boasts diversity and cultural happenings.
The city also owns and operates one of the largest electric utilities that additionally increase the economic growth of the city. As a result, the electricity rate for the residents of Santa Clara is considerably lowered impacting the business attractiveness of the city.
Young Professionals Hotspot
There are about 120,000 people who live in Santa Clara, however, there are many more who are currently residing in the city, thanks to the huge high-tech companies headquartered there that offer outstanding career opportunities and high salaries.
The flocking of young professionals has imposed the need for culture, art, and entertainment, so the number of restaurants, parks, and venues serves the purpose of socially engaging people of all ages.
Santa Clara Unified School District is a highly rated public school district that provides a decent education for elementary and high school students. There are three institutions for higher education as well. One of the most notable places to visit is the Santa Clara City Library which highly inspirational
Tourist attractions in Santa Clara
- Levi’s Stadium: It is one of the most architecturally impressive stadiums recently built with a huge arena, very comfortable seating, a great atmosphere, and massive screens for live games.
- Intel Corp and Museum: Located inside the Intel Building, the museum offers many informational pictures, stations, tools, and utilities that have been used in the semiconductor science and the process of manufacturing.
- Mission Santa Clara de Assis: this historical landmark is one of the most recommended if you happen to be visiting the SCU campus. The building features impressive architecture and an even more glorious and well-maintained garden.
- Santa Clara University (SCU): This university is the oldest private institution for higher learning in the state where visitors can literally get immersed in the historical edifices intermingled with modern buildings and beautiful parks and gardens.
- California’s Great America: It is the only entertainment center in the state that represents a mixture of a theme and water park that offer multiple entertainment rides and activities for all ages.
- Santa Clara Convention Center: It is an award-winning, enormous convention center that offers numerous rooms, historic missions, a theme park, and golf and tennis facility.
Pros and Cons of Living in Santa Clara
- It is considered one of the best cities for young professionals in America with a wide range of job possibilities.
- The proximity to the ocean, San Jose, and San Francisco make Santa Clara an attractive place to live.
- The friendly community and the high safety ranking make it an ideal place for raising a family.
- High standard of living and a plethora of things to do.
- A very diverse city to live with top-notch schools, city services, and amenities.
- If you are not a working professional you might easily get bored or even annoyed by the stringent regulations and norms that the city has imposed.
- The housing market is fairly limited and the housing prices are expensive.
- It isn’t a good place for smokers as there is a smoking ban extends to smoking outside as well.
- The increased number of people in search of better job prospects has made the place busier, traffic-jammed, and more polluted.