Most popular jobs in Santa Cruz
Top Companies in Santa Cruz
- Joby Aviation (121)
- Sutter Health (50)
- CyberCoders (25)
- Kindred Healthcare (18)
- Supplemental Health Care (18)
- Golden State Warriors (13)
- 24-Hour Medical Staffing Services (11)
- Looker (8)
- Starbucks (8)
- The Glass Jar (7)
- Intuit (7)
- KidzToPros (6)
- Hired.com (6)
- Visiting Angels (6)
- Dignity Health & Dignity Health Medical Foundation (6)
Jobs in Santa Cruz, CA
Organic and Healthy Lifestyle
Located on Monetary Bay, Santa Cruz is the largest city of Santa Cruz, California, with a population of about 65,000 residents. The city’s popularity is due to beach town vibes and the sophisticated, rugged looks.
The city boasts 300 days of sunshine, so most of the residents love going around the city on their bikes or scooters.
The city is closely associated with surfing culture as it where it was introduced to the mainland, and this culture is reflected in every area of life. But, this is not the only pioneering area the city is famous for.
The organic food movement was initially launched from Santa Cruz in conjunction with the research center of the University of California, Santa Cruz, which is is one of the greatest employers in the city.
Appealing Place for Young People
Tourism and agriculture are the main economic boosters that have turned the once sleepy town into a dynamic resort. The diverse nature is seen in the equally versatile communities that stand out with their alternative lifestyle.
Just one stroll in the downtown area is sufficient to confirm this claim.
Going up the hills you’ll come across some of the most peculiar wineries, while a drive to the Santa Cruz Mountains will get you to the redwood forests and some of the oldest trees in the area.
Tourist Attractions in Santa Cruz
- Cruz Beach Broadwalk: The admission-free amusement park located on the seaside has been one of the most attractive attractions in Santa Cruz. It features a roller coaster, themed rides, shops, games, restaurants, and many activities.
- West Cliff Drive: The drive is lengthy and includes wonderful cliffs on one side and beautiful houses on the other. Plus, it goes past Natural Bridges State Park, Surfers Museum at the lighthouse, cypress trees and many wild beaches. It offers peace and serenity all along with some of the most impressive landscapes.
- Roaring Camp Railroads: Visitors can choose steam trains that go to Bear Mountains or beach trains that go to Santa Cruz. Either way, you’ll go through the redwood trees, visit the 1880s historic town located in the mountains, and learn a lot about the area and the early days.
- Mystery Spot: It is one of the most puzzling natural phenomena caused by a gravitational anomaly located in a nearby redwood forest. The circular area of 150 feet questions the common perceptions of the laws of physics.
- Seymour Marine Discovery Center: It is a hands-on, interactive, marine educational center that provides a unique opportunity to see how marine scientists work and interact with some fish.
Pros and Cons of Living in Santa Cruz
- It is one of the most prominent beach towns in California that offers a relaxed and laid-back way of life.
- It offers an exuberant lifestyle, countless number of entertainment venues, exquisite bars, and restaurants.
- The city acts as a promoter of a healthy, organic diet, so many of the restaurants serve organic food only.
- The city is a launching pad for numerous land and water activities like whale-watching, boating, fishing, seeing ancient trees at Big Basin Redwood State Park, hiking or biking.
- It houses the University of California, Santa Cruz which acts as a research center.
- The high cost of living has been evident in all market prices, particularly housing.
- Many residents feel that the city is becoming overcrowded and cleanliness of the city is becoming an issue.
- It’s difficult to meet both ends if your job is not well-paid.
- Bad driving habits and traffic jams are also present.