Top Companies in Santa Rosa
- Sutter Health (98)
- CyberCoders (72)
- Tekberry (52)
- Oakmont Senior Living (50)
- AppleOne (48)
- Star Staffing (31)
- Starbucks (30)
- Edventure More (22)
- Robert Half (20)
- Jack in the Box (19)
- Incredible Health (16)
- Jackson Family Wines (14)
- HireResources (14)
- American Mobile Healthcare (13)
- Heartland Hospice (13)
Jobs in Santa Rosa, CA
A City of Expansion
Many say that there’s no better place to enjoy a good glass of wine, while the dazzling scenery is taking your breath away when in Santa Rosa.
The county seat of Sonoma County is literally surrounded by exclusive vineyards, redwood forests, and rivers, offering a drastic variety from the busy San Francisco located just 55 miles away.
The city that once was just a fraction of what it is now, has been constantly expanding, creating an urban jungle, however, carefully protected by the surrounding nature. The number of the population is rapidly growing, totaling about 180,000 people.
However, what you’ll see in the heart of the city, on West Ninth Street, along Santa Rosa Creek and the downtown area are blue and black-crowned herons nested in the trees that abound in this area.
The city is not only welcoming to people but animals too, so it is not uncommon to see deer, wild turkey, raccoons, and opossums within the city’s limits.
Fine Wine and Dine
Having said that, Santa Rosa is also the epicenter of wine business activity, food production, and one of the initiators of the farm-to-table movement.
Agriculture is still one of the vital industries that boost the economy of the city but it is accompanied by the high-tech and manufacturing industry. As Santa Rosa is the major administrative and legislative center of Sonoma County, the city is also one of the main employers.
The residents in Santa Rosa take their health very seriously, so the healthcare business is highly developed as well.
You are likely to find high-end gyms, healthcare institutions, wellness, and spa centers. Rural tourism is also in development, the emphasis being on wine tourism and outdoor recreation.
Tourist Attractions in Santa Rosa
Yes, wineries would be the most recommended, but there’s so much more to do in Santa Rosa, so don’t miss visiting the following places:
- Charles M.Schulz Museum: Santa Rosa was the hometown of the famous cartoonist Charles M. Schulz who was the person behind the Peanuts cartoon, so this museum features historical memorabilia of Snoopy and Charlie Brown.
- Luther Burbank Center for the Arts: Ranked among the world’s top ten best art performing centers, the center presents nationally and internationally recognized education programs, world-class performances, community events, and contemporary visual arts.
- Children’s Museum of Sonoma County: If you want to dedicate some quality time to your children, then this museum is the place that will make them happy and encourage their curiosity and learning abilities.
- Safari West: Now you can experience Africa while in Sonoma County with this safari tour that takes you back to the basics and allows you to experience nature in its core while connecting with the wild animals around.
- Up and Away Ballooning: Enjoy the bird’s perspective of the wonderful scenery of Sonoma County and enjoy the amazing hot-air balloon ride.
- Pacific Coast Air Museum: This aircraft museum exhibits aircraft that were used from WWII through the Cold War and Vietnam. Some of the cockpits are open to the public and you can even climb them.
Pros and Cons of Living in Santa Rosa
- Downtown Santa Rosa is divided into five historic residential neighborhoods that offer inspirational stroll for anyone.
- The three shopping malls, the variety of restaurants and bars provide an array of happenings and events to unwind each day and night during the week.
- From St, Francis Winery to Kendal-Jackson Winery, you can indulge in the world of wine and try the premium, exquisite taste of wine.
- Besides agriculture, electronics, high-tech, and healthcare industries complement the job market.
- The high cost of living makes living in Santa Rosa highly expensive.
- It is not recommended to move to Santa Rosa unless you have already acquired a well-paid job and some savings.
- The reduced job growth comes as a result of the high cost of doing business.
- The traffic can also cause some delays, especially during rush hours.