Most popular jobs in Sunnyvale
Top Companies in Sunnyvale
Jobs in Sunnyvale, CA
Innovative and Creative Hub
Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, Sunnyvale is a city that is not only beautiful and attractive, but it is also the headquarters location of multiple international technology companies and operational centers.
You can also find some of the largest defense and aerospace companies located here, some of which are directly run by NASA.
With about 150,000 people, Sunnyvale is a growing community of innovation and development, with a flourishing cultural and entertainment scene. It is a creative hub that largely impacts the city’s dynamics.
Even though the city is mainly residential, the north area is the industrial center, while the downtown Sunnyvale is the business center with pedestrian-friendly shopping areas and active social and nightlife.
Attractive Place for Professionals
Situating high-tech corporations means that the city is a very attractive place for young intellectuals, but it is also the home of some of the most prominent educational institutions.
However, despite being a distinctively technological center, the city appears to be relaxed and not overly hectic.
The dynamic business scene has turned Sunnyvale into an expensive place to live, with a high standard of living and insanely expensive housing and rent prices.
The attractiveness of the place, the friendly weather, and the dense job market have had their toll when it comes to the cost of living, so many recommend finding a job before moving here.
Tourist Attractions in Sunnyvale
- Sunnyvale Farmers Market: Even though this market is not as large as one might expect, it still offers a wide range of organic and conventional products, beverages, flowers, and some more.
- Las Palmas Park: Tourists and residents both consider this park as one of the most beautiful in Sunnyvale, offering many amenities such as a beautiful pool, a pond, baseball field, jungle gym, and picnic tables.
- Murphy Avenue: Located in the heart of the city where the historic Del Monte Fruit Plant was located once, it is the place to be if you are interested in nightlife, entertainment, and shopping.
- Sunnyvale Heritage Park Museum: If you are interested in getting to know something more about the early Sunnyvale days, and a bit of the Californian past, then this museum can provide you with plenty of it.
- Sunnyvale Bay Trail: It is often considered a hidden gem when it comes to trails that lead you to the bay. The trail lets you explore the area and takes you all the way to Alviso.
Pros and Cons of Living in Sunnyvale
- Located in the heart of the Silicone Volley, Sunnyvale provides the most dynamic job market in some of the most prosperous tech companies.
- Some of the best-paid jobs can be found there, which opens the doors for career development.
- Wonderful weather all-year-round and extreme food variety.
- There are several important highways, three airports that serve the city, and good bus lines.
- There are many parks and hiking trails for outdoor enthusiasts.
- It is one of the safest cities to live with a very low crime rate.
- Housing prices are mind-blowing and among the most expensive within the area.
- The traffic is getting more and more congested as the city is rising.
- As the number of people coming to the area in their search for better jobs is rising, the city is becoming overcrowded.
- The city is struggling with air pollution.