Most popular jobs in Thousand Oaks
Top Companies in Thousand Oaks
- 3 Key Consulting (149)
- HCA Healthcare (105)
- GPS Staffing (104)
- AppleOne (97)
- Advanced Bio-Logic Solutions Corp. (78)
- Donatech (59)
- Aequor Technologies Inc (32)
- Pioneer Data Systems (31)
- Infotree Global Solutions (30)
- Robert Half (30)
- SSI (28)
- Starbucks (24)
- Incredible Health (23)
- CyberCoders (21)
- OQSIE (16)
Jobs in Thousand Oaks, CA
One of the Safest and Wealthiest Cities
Thousand Oaks is part of the northwestern part of Greater Los Angeles, located in Ventura County, California. The city is one of the fastest-growing cities in California, with a population of about 128,000 people.
Blessed with close-to-perfect weather, over 300 sunny days per year, and many, many green areas, parks, and gardens, Thousand Oaks is referred to as a paradise among cities.
There are many possibilities for outdoor activities like biking, hiking or just taking a stroll. It is a family-friendly community that is particularly diverse and supportive.
The Next Silicon Valley
What drives the city’s economy is the concentration of several high-tech and biotech companies, among which the world’s largest biotechnology company.
There are many other industries in Thousand Oaks that include electronics, aerospace, healthcare, telecommunications, automotive, and financing. Not surprisingly, the city was nicknamed “the next Silicon Valley” due to a large number of headquarters located there.
Endorsed with high rankings such as the safest and wealthiest city, Thousand Oaks is an attractive place to live.
This has drawn many celebrities to the city to find their own peace and quiet from the rather hectic Californian cities.
Tourist Attractions in Thousand Oaks
- The Gardens of the World: Located right in the center of the city, this privately owned garden is a real pearl which is not only a place to enjoy worldwide collection of flora, but it serves for educational purposes as well.
- Wildwood Regional Park: Situated in the Conejo Valley, this regional park is one of the best opportunities for hiking or biking. The view from the top is magnificent, while the beautiful Paradise Falls that end up in the creek are set to take your breath away.
- Conejo Valley Botanic Garden: It is a great place to see rare plants and fruit and enjoy a great view of the place.
- Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza: The performing arts center and a City Hall is located across the Gardens of the World, on Thousand Oaks Boulevard. It includes two theaters and represents a cultural spot in the city.
- Chumash Indian Museum: It is a family-museum that includes artifacts that vividly depict the way Chumash Indians lived their lives.
Pros and Cons of Living in Thousand Oaks
- It is considered “the new Silicon Valley” due to many hi-tech and biotech companies located there.
- It has been ranked as one of the safest and wealthiest cities in California.
- Supportive and very friendly community.
- The public schools in Thousand Oaks are extremely highly rated.
- The Oaks shopping mall is the largest mall in Ventura County with more than 180 stores and one of the popular hangout spots of world-famous celebrities.
- California Lutheran University located in Thousand Oaks is the 16th best university in the Western United States.
- The high standard of living has made the place one of the most expensive in California.
- The housing prices are much higher than the state average.
- The city is generally quiet and many young people complain that the nightlife is basically lacking.
- Residents feel that the city is lacking cultural events and entertainment spots.