Most popular jobs in Torrance
Top Companies in Torrance
- Torrance Memorial Medical Center (194)
- CyberCoders (152)
- AppleOne (151)
- Robert Half (101)
- TalentZok (27)
- LanceSoft (26)
- Simply Biotech (25)
- Starbucks (24)
- Interviewing Now (20)
- Manpower (19)
- NTT DATA, Inc. (16)
- YMCA OF METROPOLITAN LOS ANGELES (15)
- Anders Group (13)
- Elite Long Beach Marketing Firm (13)
- Donatech (12)
Jobs in Torrance, CA
Peaceful Beach Town
Located in the South Bay in Los Angeles County, California, Torrance is a beach town that spreads along the Pacific Ocean.
Even though the city is not as popular as some other Californian beach towns like Malibu and Santa Monica, it doesn’t mean Torrance has nothing to offer.
The 1.5 miles beach might be the prime point of interest, but the greenwood area in the city is impressive and it boasts 30 city parks and about 90,000 street trees.
As it is not overcrowded with tourists, the city is mostly quieter for a beach city and more residential. Currently, there are about 150,000 people living there with an increasing number of people from Japanese ancestry.
If you happen to be a soccer fan, then you might know that the birthplace of the American Youth Soccer Organization is Torrance.
The city is a sports supporter and there are many good elementary, middle, and high schools, while the El Camino Community College District is just on the edge of the city limits and it enrolls more than 25,000 students per semester.
American City with Thriving Japanese Culture
As the growing population of the city is Japanese, it headquarters several Japanese automakers and Japanese hi-tech corporations. It is also the home of companies that produce aerospace components, and it still has some oil-pits as the place once used to be the main oil production area.
Shopping and fashion enthusiasts find Torrance fulfilling thanks to the Del Amo Fashion Center which is one of the largest in the United States. Torrance is also known by its Armed Forces Day Parade, Rose Parade, and several other local happenings.
Arts and culture are not absent from the city either. The Torrance Cultural Arts Center is the largest institution that hosts many cultural events throughout the year.
Tourist Attractions in Torrance
There are several points of interest that attract visitors attention in Torrance, such as:
- Toyota USA Automobile Museum: Car enthusiasts find this museum thrilling and enjoyable. There are many exhibits that originate from different periods of time in the company’s history.
- Western Museum of Flight: to see the impressive Air Force machines up close and personal. The exhibits include aircraft from different time periods used in different war periods.
- Torrance Breweries: If you want to dive into tasting new craft beers with an insight into the brewery history, then visit some of the most popular ones such as Smog City Brewery or Monkish Brewing Co.
- Miramar Park: It is actually a wonderful beach with a view over the hills of Palos Verde or a delightful sunset experience.
- Madrona Marsh Preserve: Torrance is a city of greenery, so one of the best spots to let your sense indulge in the wilderness is this preserve. Also, it is one of the few remaining vernal marshes where you can see a variety of wildlife and plants.
Pros and Cons of Living in Torrance
- The city offers diverse cultural experiences reflected in the lifestyle of its citizens and the outstanding food variety.
- It is the home of one of the largest shopping malls in the USA.
- The stable job market comes as a result of multiple national and international companies headquartered in the city.
- The public schools are highly rated and there are many sports centers for young people.
- The impressive green area and the beaches are perfect for enjoyment and fun.
- The city is quieter than what you’d normally expect from a beach town.
- Torrence isn’t a promising city when it comes to partying hard and nightlife.
- Even though not insanely expensive, housing prices in Torrance are also very high.
- The police are thought to be very strict and highly regulating.
- As almost everywhere in California, the traffic is not something to boast about.