- Radar Signal Processing Engineer Jobs
Radar Signal Processing Engineer Jobs
If you feel that engineering is your calling and you have a special interest in radio frequency (RF) engineering, you could consider becoming a RADAR SIGNAL PROCESSING ENGINEER.
|What are Working Conditions for Radar Signal Processing Engineers?|
Radar signal processing engineers, also just called signal processors, are highly skilled scientists who develop and deploy signal processing solutions to support the defense and aerospace industry. They work mainly for technology companies holding government contracts. These companies typically cast a wide recruitment net and offer excellent compensationand benefits packages.
The company’s signal processing unit, section or department is responsible for:
The individual radar signal processing engineering works as a member of a team to achieve assigned objectives, but each works quite independently on his or her tasks.
A government security clearance authorizing access to classified information is also required.
|What do Radar Signal Processing Engineers Do?|
A radar signal processing engineer conducts research and develops new conceptsfor defense/aerospace radar sensor applications.The work involves performing data analysis, algorithm development, simulation, and system modeling.
Tasks that an individual radar signal processing engineer may be asked to perform include:
A person who aspires to become a radar signal processing engineer is expected to be a highly-motivated self-starter who identifies problems, generates solutions, and communicates results with minimal oversight. He or she must meet the following entry-level requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Math, or Physics
- Coursework or experience in digital signal processing, probability theory, stochastic signal processing, and electromagnetic theory
- Experience with Image recognition, pattern recognition, and/or target recognition
- Experience in detection and estimation theory
- Working knowledge of MATLAB and a programming languages, e.g., C, C++, Java Programming, or Python
- Ability to produce technical documentation and specifications, in formats suitable for briefings
Additional requirements for higher-level positions include:
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Math, or Physics
- Knowledge of communications and information theory
- Experience with RF systems and test equipment, including an oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, signal generator, and high-speed analog to digital converters (ADC)
- Experience implementing machine learning methods
- Experience with Linux systems and commands
- Ability to specify design requirements for radar systems
- Ability to develop signal processing algorithms and apply statistical methods for data
- 8+ years of experience with implementing solutions to radar signal processing problems
- 3 – 5 years of experience leading a Technical Team or leading an Engineering Project
1.570.000+ job opportunitiesStart here!