- Restaurant Assistant Manager Jobs
Restaurant Assistant Manager Jobs
If you have the requisite training and some experience in one or more aspects of restaurant work, you can become a RESTAURANT ASSISTANT MANAGER.
|What are Working Conditions for Restaurant Assistant Managers?
Restaurant assistant managers typically work in establishments that are part of a chain. Since most restaurant workers are not unionized, hours of work and rates of pay are governed only by federal and state law and prevailing practice in the locality. Restaurant assistant managers normally work a forty-hour week, but their shifts are irregular.
|What do Restaurant Assistant Managers Do?
The daily activities of a restaurant assistant manager are similar to those of a restaurant supervisor. In addition, the assistant manager also supports the business-planning activities of the organization and has decision-making authority. Duties include:
Interacting withhigher-level management
Qualities that an employer looks for in a restaurant assistant manager include:
- Leadership skills
- Self-confidence and passion for the work
- Neat and pleasant appearance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Patience when interacting with staff and customers
- Organizational skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
To become a restaurant assistant manager you must:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in hotel and restaurant management or hospitality management
- Have relevant experience in the catering or hospitality industry
- (A degree in business management may sometimes be accepted if combined with relevant restaurant experience.)
1.574.000+ job opportunitiesStart here!