Myers-Briggs test also known as MBIT (MYER-BIGGI’s type indicator) is a psychometric assessment designed in the form of a questionnaire to study how people identify the world, analyze and make their decisions. This questionnaire was priory created by Katharine Cook Briggs and Isabel Briggs Myers, and it came out after their name Myers-Briggs indicator. This questionnaire is based on extrapolation from typological theories. Carl Gustav Jung proposed this theory in 1921, in his book “Psychological types”.
Some principal psychological functions include:
- Sensation: physical feeling that results from something that happens or in contact with the body.
- Intuition: without conscious reasoning, an ability to relate and understand something.
- Feeling: a state of reaction or sensitivity.
- Thinking: reasoning something through judgmental thoughts.
Out of these functions, the questionnaire characterizes which character is dominant.
– Do you put more value on:
– Does new and non-routine interaction with others:
- stimulate and energize you
- tax your reserves
– Are you more frequently:
- a practical sort of person
- a fanciful sort of person
– Are you more likely to:
- see how others are useful
- see how others see
– Which is more satisfying:
- to discuss an issue thoroughly
- to arrive at agreement on an issue
– Which rules you more:
- your head
- your heart
Myers-Briggs test is the world’s most trusted test for personality assessment because it is much easier to grasp and provides insight. It is reliable and valid, whose results can be trusted. This test is available in 20+ languages and is culturally appropriate for each country along with translation pipeline. This test is highly flexible in terms of application in terms of administration. Myers-Briggs assessment in terms of the wide range of assessment is an ideal solution to study human behavior.
Guide to Test
- Decision making: this focuses on the logical consistency that basically describes people’s first look and perception towards the environment. This also relates to thinking or feeling.
- Favorite world: this analyzes is the person open to the outer world or restricted in some inner world of his own. This is called 1. Extroversion or 2. Introversion.
- Personality type: this decides the preference in various categories which is expressed in one’s own personality type expressed in code. The code consists of four letters.
- Structure: the openness with the outside world, which shows the preference of a person about the information one decides to share in open. This is also called judging or perceiving.
Myers-Briggs can be analyzed through its indicator also called as “table-type”. This is useful for gathering and analyzing information based on specific terms or group of people. “All types are equal”, says the indicator. The goal of the instrument is analyzing the personality along with understanding and appreciating behavioral differences. The instrument discovers personality type through hundreds of study and research work done over the past 40 years to characterize human traits of looking at the world. This is the reason behind its easy reliability. It measures and produces a person’s accurate profile giving a valid result.