Business objectives need to be communicated in an efficient and effective manner. The process of addressing an online audience can be cumbersome. This hurdle of communication is resolved by organizing a webinar. A webinar is a method of web conferencing that enables an individual to conduct virtual seminars by using software tools of video conferencing. With the advent of the Internet, it is convenient to share huge streams of data across diverse geographical areas. Webinars include individuals giving live presentation or a seminar to a large audience, allowing the participants to conduct real-time discussions through video conferencing, chatting or sharing files simultaneously.
Characteristics of a Webinar:
- Presentations: The presenter shows a series of images and discusses the content of each slide with the audience. Markup tools are provided to keep the audience engaged in the presentation.
- The audience is able to view video files through live streaming.
- The members of the audience can communicate verbally by connecting their computers with a microphone or speakers.
- The virtual presentation can be recorded for future reference.
- Live Q&A sessions can take place through chatting.
- The presenter can conduct polls and surveys to boost the interests of the audience.
- The maximum amount of time spanned by a single webinar session should approximately be 45 minutes.
Benefits of a Webinar:
- It is cost-effective as no expenses are incurred on travel.
- The presenter can choose a location as well as a time slot according to his own convenience.
- It facilitates a quick and efficient process of decision-making.
- It helps to reach a large audience placed at diverse locations.
- It enhances the communication process.
- Feedback is provided on a real-time basis.
- Training sessions can be imparted to upgrade the skills of the audience members.
Tips to create an effective webinar:
- The presenter should conduct a thorough research on the topic to be discussed.
- The slides should be creative, interactive and deliver the message accurately.
- Charts, graphs, pictures and audio add to the visual appeal and keep the audience engaged in the topic.
- The presenter should talk to the members of the audience regularly and ask questions related to the topic. This develops an interest in the audience members.
- The content of the Webinar should be short and precise.
- Writing notes on a whiteboard will increase the participation of the audience members.
Communication gaps are considered to be a major hurdle in the business world. Geographical challenges pose a difficulty in clear communication with clients due to the absence of personal link, problems due to environmental issues and many other factors. Even, teleconferencing may not be an effective solution, as the listener may not pay attention to what is being said. So, with its many advantages, a webinar provides the best solution for creating a personal rapport and interaction with clients based at diverse geographical locations. A lively, creative and an innovative webinar can form the basis of a successful business venture.