Effective Date: May 25, 2018
Hi. Martin here. Just like you, I care about the use of my personal information online, so it is only fair I provide you with insight into the privacy practices employed here at Cleverism.com. Particular areas of the world now require different privacy disclosures, so please read the entire policy to make sure you understand our practices fully.
I. INTRODUCTION & PURPOSE OF POLICY
II. INFORMATION COLLECTION PRACTICES FOR PEOPLE LOCATED IN THE EU
2.1. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Personal data is information that can be used to identify you such as your name, IP address, and email address.
We collect personal data from you in several ways:
- Email opt-ins: email, name
- Transaction: name, email, billing information, payment source
- Contacting us: email, name
- Account registration: email, name, the information you provide us with
2.1 WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- Email opt_ins: To provide you with the lead magnet and the topic in general.
- Transaction: To process a purchase you make with us.
- Contacting us: To answer questions you might have for us.
- Account registration: To send you tips and tricks for your job search and how to use our career tools.
2.3 WHAT LEGAL BASIS DO WE HAVE FOR COLLECTING AND PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION?
Websites must have a legal basis for collecting information from individuals located in the European Union. Our legal basis for each of the ways we collect information from you is as follows. Please note where consent forms the basis, you can withdraw consent at any time by contacting us opting out of any email message using the “unsubscribe” link or by deleting your account in the settings section.
- Email opt-ins: We will ask you for consent first.
- Transaction: We will collect your information as part of a legal contractual transaction.
- Contacting us: We have an allowed legitimate interest in providing a response to your questions and need to use your data to do so. We will not use the data for other purposes.
- Account registration: We will ask you for consent first.
2.4 WHO HAS ACCESS TO THE DATA WE COLLECT?
We process and access to the data we collect from you. However, we use third parties to assist us with processing your personal data including the following categories of recipients:
- Financial transaction processors (processing your payments)
- Customer service communication platform
- Contest and survey platform
- Email communication manager
- Marketing funnel providers
- Website management services
- Website design and programming services
These third parties have signed contract with us in which they are prohibited from utilizing, sharing or retaining your personal data for any purpose other than we dictate.
2.5 COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLGIES
2.6 HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
- Email opt-ins: We keep the data until you unsubscribe or you are not opening emails from us for 12-months.
- Transaction: Four years for tax audit purposes.
- Contacting us: Five years
- Account registration: We keep the data until you delete your account.
If a legal claim arises involving your data, we will store and disclose that data until the matter has resolved.
You have the right to control your personal data. Specifically, you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed: We are informing you now with this policy.
- The right of access: We’ll provide you with the data we have about you.
- The right to rectification: Request we fix incorrect data about you.
- The right to erasure: Request we erase certain data about you.
- The right to restrict processing: Ask us to restrict certain type of processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability: Ask us to provide your personal data we have for export.
- The right to object: Object to how we use your data.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling: We don’t profile you, but keep in mind you have this right with other sites.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact Martin Luenendonk at [email protected] with your request.
2.7 PRIVACY CONCERNS, CONTACTING US, COMPLAINTS
You can contact Martin Luenendonk at [email protected] with your request with any questions or requests you have about these policies or your personal data.
If, after contacting us, you feel a privacy issue has not be resolved, you have the right to file a complaint with a Supervisory Authority such as the Data Protection Commissioner of Ireland.
Representative: Martin Luenendonk
14532, Kleinmachnow, Germany
III. FOR ALL OUR FRIENDS REGARDLESS OF LOCATION
B. Legal Disclosures of Personal Information.
We may process, store, and disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us, (2) protect and defend our rights or property or (3) act under exigent circumstances to protect the safety of the public or users of the site.
C. DMCA Disclosures
We comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998. As part of the compliance process, we may be required to disclose whatever information we have for you to a copyright holder who has submitted a complaint to us.
D. Public Comments.
You may leave comments on forum posts. Please remember that any information you provide is not private. The information can be viewed by anyone online including family, friends, the media, investigators, and potential employers conducting background checks.
E. Third Party Websites.
We link to other sites, but please keep in mind that we do not control the privacy policies of those sites. Make sure to review the policies of any such sites before providing your personal information.
F. Sale of Business
Should we sell this site or our business, your personal information will be an asset transferred to the new owner.